Hawkins & Cook

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Tru Blu, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

after watching them today anyone else think they should both get more play time?

2. pettso

pettso Starter

Cook should for sure, a few of us have been wondering why he hasn't been used more after he had such a great preseason (I know he was hurt, but it's week 12...). Hawkins I'm not sold on yet, he showed that he doesn't break under pressure today which is a huge plus but I'd like to see him in a more limited role for a few weeks before jumping on his ship.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Tru Blu

Tru Blu Hit Em Harder

I think Cook is the best TE on our roster (recieving wise) would like to see him in more passing downs definetly

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

He certainly made the most of his plays in the game.

On both of the last two drives he made sure he got out of bounds,twice after making catches close to midfield. 4 balls thrown to him,4 balls caught.

5. tennygrl619

tennygrl619 Rookie

Not only that, but he also made sure to try and get a few more yards before going out of bounds which made me happy. In a lot of games I've watched lately, not just the Titans, all the players care about is getting out of bounds when they are working against the clock. It was refreshing to see him run for a few more yards and then go out of bounds.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Obviously Cooks problem is his blocking. He simply isn't as good of a blocker as Crumpler or he would play much more. of course Crumpler is more like having an OT out there and except for some dink passes offers little in the passing game. Cook should play more.

Hawkins is simply a good natural athlete WR. He apparently is now starting to hone his route running and such to where he could be a nice slot guy. He has the hands, body control and elusiveness to be a real nice WR.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I thought Hawkins ran for some extra yardage as well. Pretty sure he did. To come in on the last drive in the 4th quarter and for those guys to make, what, 6 of the 9 catches on that 16-play drive is HUGE. Great confidence booster for them, the coaches and the team.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Cook will get more playing time, they put these guys out there to see what the can do and they more they do the more playing time they will get. I look for Britt to take someones job soon.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Cook is clearly going to get more time soon, it's just a matter of him getting better at blocking. We wouldn't have traded up for the guy if we weren't going to use him. As far as Hawkins goes, he looked good against Arizona, but I think he will still have a limited role on this team. Britt, Gage, and Washington are all clearly ahead of him and will get more time than he will. Him playing well does give us good depth at WR though.

10. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The last 1/4 of the season is the time for young players to step up. It just takes time to be ready, and sometimes even then you don't get a lot of chances. With Gage out and our other receivers gassed from 2x the pass plays as normal we needed Hawk and Cook to show up. They did great, and I think both have a place on this team.

Granted the Cards defense was also gassed, so it's hard to say they both would shine if given more snaps. But that's why teams with the most depth win late in the season and postseason. Injuries are piling up, and the bench is determining more games. Glad to have guys like that behind Gage, Britt, Washington, Scaife and Crumpler. This is what I expected 12 weeks ago. Better late than never.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar