Haye Less vs. Hayes More

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

check out the links:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...RTS01/Expectations+weighed+down+Titans+tackle

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/05/21/haye-lighter-but-hayes-is-bigger/

nice read. I actually really liked the part talking about Haye's work ethic - seems he picked up a bit from KVB

Some good points:

Hayes - "I am definitely a lot stronger, and the thing that’s big for me is I like to do a lot of bull rushing, and I don’t think I’ve had the weight and the power to do that in the past like I’ve wanted to. I don’t think I’ve lost any speed, but I’ve gained a lot more power.’’

Haye - "This year he is way more explosive, and that will help him a lot more as a pass rusher as well. Last year he was more of a run stopper, but this year's he'll be more diverse. He is definitely a different player right now. -- '' No one will outwork Haye, Washburn said. "He's as hard a working defensive tackle as we've ever had, and he's a great leader. He's a joy to be around, and a really strong influence for the guys,'' Washburn said.

every year you hear about some people changing their playing weight. As the nfl moves to higher speeds, it seems like a good idea for what these guys are doing. Its interesting really, that our DT is getting smaller and DE is getting bigger - but if it makes them more aggressive off the snap than i'm all for it.

Im starting to wonder if we are changing a 4-3 philosophy (not to 3-4 but just its ideals if you will.) if Jones/Haye/Brown are playing inside, it appears that we have a very capable trio of DT's that can get the QB and already proven ends at stopping the run - the unit as a whole from outside to inside being more diverse. No longer is the interior push all and outside speed all you need - the whole line needs to be capable of everything.

Ohh yeah and just keep these new guys practicing against our OL and i guarantee that eventually they will step up. practice helps to perfection and now that we have a solid line w/ some consistency (on both sides) up front things should look up.

Ford was a nobody - he played alot against Stewy/Roos (im sure they moved him around in practice) and now he is arguably our best DE and very capable to surprise with a 10 - sack season this year.

Hayes/Haye have both been here for only a year. they know our system now and are gettin more practice against an unquestionable top 5 (IMO top 3) o-line and coached by the best guy in the league - dont listen to what the press is saying this unit should be much improved.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If it helps produce results, bring on the scales. Neither of these guys was really doing much before the change of weight, so I can't get too into this. I like the adjustments tho, if it wasn't happening for them before, why would it click now... Maybe a wise move on both ends for changing it up in an effort to improve.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

work ethic means nothing if you cant make plays. ask KVB why he was sent packing.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hayes has been here 2 years.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I hope Haye makes some noise. Didn't realize he was considered such a leader among the DL.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Haye is a $4mill+ a season turd

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The article does not mention who the idiot was that wanted Haye to play at 300 lbs. Based on the comments by Washburn it was not him and he did not agree with it. As for being a turd i will wait and see what he does this year. Washburn said he was our hardest working DT.

Hayes might be too heavy at 278. Speed and explosiveness should be his ultimate goal

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar