Hayes,Jones,KVB and Brown needs to step up!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

It all starts up front and these guys arent playing as hard as they can. They need to man up and get pressure on the QB's. They killed Big Ben last year without Haynesworth so i know they can do it.

It's time to force the QB to throw after 4 seconds not 8-10 seconds. our Secondary cant cover WR's that long. Our whole issue starts up front imo..

Im surprised Fisher hasnt pointed out that our Dline needs to get more pressure, I think Someone on Defense needs to step up take charge and give the D a spark. I'd love for it to be Jason Jones, he needs to knock some heads and lay some Qb's out to get this team going. Bulluck isnt the leader many thought he was. Everyone looked to Haynesworth to get the job done... he isn't here now so someone needs to fill the role.

I'd love to see the Defense pumped up again. right now it's just everyone for them self.

2. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

I hope Jones plays this Sunday. He didn't practice yesterday. Not sure about today, they were practicing at 7pm today

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Jacob Ford?

4. TitansWinAgain

TitansWinAgain Camp Fodder

I feel like all those guys except for Vanden Bosch are playing well so far.

Hayes has done well with the opportunities he has gotten and deserves more. Tony Brown is never going to be a dominant DT on his own but he goes hard every play and can beat single blocks most of the time (too bad he is constantly getting doubled now). Jones has shown flashes of dominance with his quickness but is still inconsistent.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i guess doing well isn't good enough. we cant break the oline and get to the qb fast enough. thats why we are getting killed through the air. Our 1st round pick next season may have to address this.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Yeah yeah, for real. Kyle and Tony Brown have been the worst disappointments so far. Kyle is still giving his all and that's pretty obvious, he just can't get to the QB. Tony has been handled very well too. Jason Jones has been the most consistent.

Hayes hasn't really played enough for me to say. Jacob Ford has looked good. Ball has been a non-factor. I don't really think it is so much that we're missing Albert as much as it is that teams are just calling our number. They've figured out that we are defenseless against those short drops and now we've been totally exposed. I am scared to even think what Peyton is gonna do to us. If we don't get a pass rush going, it's gonna be a damn air raid for sure. At the same time, should we get something going, who better to take this loserific angst out on.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

who would have that all of these guys would suck without haynesworth?...

the only one you would even THINK about double teaming is KVB, leaving everyone else to hand fight for three seconds while the qb picks apart the secondary.

8. tex-titan

tex-titan Camp Fodder

I too agree that the defense needs to step up but I think if the offense can move the ball a little, keep them off the field a bit longer and win the battle of field problems then the defensive production will fix itself.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We could do something the jets,steelers,saints,ravens, and vikings do and that is blitz! Not all the time but a hell of alot more than we are. Lets see some 46 buddy ryan ball because it cant be any worse on D

10. pettso

pettso Starter

I highly doubt Fisher is gonna change anything up now after 15 years of the same style. Although I'd like to see them experiment with some blitzing to at least keep the quarterback thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar