Hayes,Jones,KVB and Brown needs to step up!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Jerr83

The_Jerr83 Camp Fodder

I think everyone forgot that when Greg Williams was our D-coordinator here, his mentality was blitzing. Heck we made it to the super bowl with that defense and almost went again if it wasn't for Eddie George in that playoff game, and that Baltimore Defense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Jedimasterbyrd

Jedimasterbyrd Time Traveler/Jewel Thief

Teams are throwing much quicker. I've been seeing many 3 step drops.

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

It's sad that you ask for a leader but that guy would have been obvious...KVB. The PROBLEM is that HE is a big part of the problem. Hard to lead when you're a big part of the problem and not the solution.

I don't know what his problem is. He's going hard and playing with passion, but he can't beat ANYBODY. The Steelers actually gave him respect and chipped him with a back a few times. Since that first game, single blocked and been comfortably been handled.

The BIGGEST problem is little if any pressure from our DE's. Hayes has gotten pressure at times. Kearse has got some in spurts. Ford hasn't done much and KVB has done nothing.

Our DT's are where we're getting MOST of our pressure and one of them is doubled every play. Heck, TB has gotten pressure and a forced fumble when he was double teamed against the Jets.

They need to rotate our speed rushers...and have 2 of them in at all times. Kearse and Ford, Ford and Hayes. Put KVB in on some running downs and let him play some DT on pass rushing downs. Maybe he can do something against a OC or OG. In passing downs, we absolutely need to have TB and JJ together as much as possible and twist them.

Gut

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I'm starting to think about trying to get Williams away from New Orleans next year and offer him Fisher's job.

If I were Bud Adams, I'd call Jerry Jones and tell him Fisher is available for buying out a large portion of his contract and replacing our 2nd round draft pick.

I'd bring Williams back and reduce Cecil to secondary coach, or get rid of him altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar