Haynesworth Agent Doesn't Feel Long-Term Contract Likely

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i thought you were implying he was average when he came back.

my bad

2. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

And the price goes up. There's a chance we let him go. Knowing him, I would be dissapointed if he left, but I would understand. Are we really ready to commit 10+ mil per year to a big guy, who has injury, effort, and anger management problems?

3. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Let someone else overpay him.

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Franchising him for 2 years in a row and having him play angry (or, alternately, prove that he isn't a the kind of player we want by sulking the whole time) is starting to look like a better and better idea.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It is not like he going to change and become a hard worker once he has a long term contract. The only time we saw real production out of him was when a lot of money was hanging in the balance.

He IS immensely talented, but apparently has very little intrinsic motivation to succeed.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't think saying AH doesn't have "intrinsic motivation" is really fair. Even in the year of his head stomping incident he wasn't exactly in poor shape when he played. I also think some of his attitude change wasn't motivated only by money. I really do think he has become a better player.

7. Audioman

Audioman Camp Fodder

Don't know, but hope so. I think it is going to end up with franchise tag for
    2 years.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I believe there is a good chance he could remain under the franchise tag for one year but then we would proably sign him to some kind of long term contract. It could really come back to bite the Titans if AH keeps playing at a high level however. Where they might be able to sign him for 8-9 mil now might cost them 10-12 later IMO. AH might be talked into taking an offer closer to 8 mil now considering he only had one real dominate year but if he goes off again and dominates the price should and will sky rocket and he could end up being the highest paid defensive player in NFL history.

9. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

Picture Mike Reinfelt and Albert Haynesworth with Dr. Phil-
    Dr. Phil would say..."Now Mike, don't you want Albert to play? How do you expect him to feel about his contribution if you aren't going to be there for him in the hard times? Stop looking at Albert as a professional football player and remember that somewhere inside him is a wounded child who just wants to be valued for his contribution."- (He shows photos of Albert playing Pop Warner on the big screen as he talks).
    He turns to Albert..."And Albert, you've got everything going for you, yet you really are thick as a brick- I mean really, you should be participating in O.T.A.s. Period. Football is a team sport- how do you think Mike feels when you put your own needs ahead of the rest of your teammates? You need to take a long look in the mirror as you stop to smell the roses- but remember as you do that every rose has its thorn."
    Then he says to both of them...It is up to BOTH of you to fix this, not just for your own sake, but for the TEAM'S SAKE. (Pictures of KB, KVB, and VY looking pittiful go up on the big screen- fades to a team picture with Albert cuttout and a question mark in his place). Don't you know the tole this is taking on HIM? (Phil points to a pittiful picture of Jeff Fisher on the screen) Have you even ONCE thought of all of the hours he has worked tirelessly to put a roof over your head?
    You should both be ASHAMED!!!- We'll be right back."

Cuts to commercial.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar