Haynesworth has made more money not playing

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanpride, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so you'd rather be haynesworth-less for 16 games instead of 4?

2. Valis

Valis Guest

It's a toss up to whether or not Hayensworth has increased his stock by staying out.

Has he shown how vulnerable the Titans D is without him, or has he shown that in fact he cannot stay healthy?

3. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Who has final say as to whether or not he plays? Him or the staff.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I believe he's averaged 12.6 games per season. 75%. Not all of that is injury because of the suspension but that has to play into the decision of how much they want him on defense.

When he returns, I think a lot of questions will be answered. One thing is for sure, Veal and Starks are pathetic and Brown becomes quite average as does the rest of the OL when Haynesworth is out.

Even if Antonio Johnson can be a decent guy in the rotation next season, I think the Titans have to look to free agency or a fairly high draft pick for more depth there next season.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Like I said. DT first pick next year. Even with Haynesworth. Get a dominating DL.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I agree with you. My first thought was money may be lost because he is proving he cannot stay healthy for 16 games.

But I was speaking in general about hamstrings and how they weaken each time they are injured. It is not an injury you can really play with at 90% without a major risk of re-injury.

7. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Haynesworth MAKES us a dominant DLine. With him in every D Lineman looked like a probowler, now we can't get to the quarterback at all giving them all day in the pocket to pick apart our secondary.

8. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

A kid on my football team injured his hammy as a junior, wasnt even good enough to go his senior year, so i know this can be a serious injury, but I want a real idea of where hes at, not "Hes close, were just being safe"

#90 Camp Fodder

We'll franchise him and see....end of thread.

10. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I agree. He's close just isn't cutting it. He was close the week of Jacksonville, now three weeks later he still isn't ready. I'm going to be awfully upset if by sitting Haynesworth we don't make the playoffs ( which is becoming a reality ), and get rid of him next year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar