Haynesworth has picked Malcolm Kelly for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

I love how even he would not talk about the PacMan situation. Some things are too toxic for anyone to touch.

2. pacman jOWNS

pacman jOWNS Camp Fodder

haynesworth is prolly boosting his boy kelly's name a little. i dont like the chances of him goin in the first. other than that, haynesworth is right. we need to change on offense fast. we arent gunna have a top defense forever.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You're right, he's not replying in a forum. He's actually being ASKED for his opinion.
    That may even give him more right. Lord knows, nobody cares about who we want the titans to draft.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I wonder how many questions he'll answer at OTAs next week? Whoops...

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

however, Kelly's not what we need

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

The more Haynesworth speaks the more i appreciate him as a Titan. Compare that to pacman (who the more he speaks the more he is hated by fans), and you can conclude that AH likes being here and is really looking out for the overall success of his team. It really sounds like AH is an active member of GoTitans and he's probably the only player on the team who has been openly critical of our offseason decision making. I wonder how many other players discuss in private the same things we are saying here everyday.

In some way I think he's making a difference and if something comes out of this he'll be the foot pushing down on the accelerator while MR and Fish are driving the car.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I don't think he needs to be talking in the media about what he thinks the FO should or shouldn't do. Everybody said he has the right to an opinion, and that's true, but it's not his place to tell the media about it. Whether he's asked or not. This isn't the same as talking in a forum, and everyone is missing the biggest reason why. He works for these people. Would I be right if I was quoted in the newspaper criticizing the decisions my boss made? I don't think so.

8. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

Big Al anchored one of the most dominant defenses in the league, a team that barely snuck into the playoffs. A team that had the fewest passing TD's in it's history. A team that was completely clueless on offense as soon as the QB dropped back.

As the leader of this defense, I can understand why he wants an at least average offense, or else you feel your work on the other side of the ball isn't all that important.

If the production on O doesn't significantly improve this year, we will have plenty of free agent $ to spend in '09 because Al will want to increase his chances of winning a Superbowl with another team that at least has an offensive threat of driving the ball halfway down a field, thus making a defense feel that if they give up an opening drive TD, they at have a shot at making a comeback. I applaud his passion, although it may be poorly demonstrated.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

THANK YOU!

Of course he has a right to say it, and of course people are more interested in what he has to say that what our opinions are. However, it's not in the team's best interest for him to be complaining about the team in the media (see chad johnson, t.o., etc...) Smart players who really care about the team know that it just hurts the whole team environment when negative/contradictory statements are made by the team and members of the team.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Albert is a good ball player. But he wasn't the "leader of this defense". (See Keith Bulluck) And don't forget that one of the reasons we barely made the playoffs was the absence of one Albert Haynesworth for 4 games. I just think he should be able to play a 16 game schedule before he starts telling the boss how to run the business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar