Haynesworth Hopes Franchise Tag Leads to Long-term Deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Perhaps he's taken a liking to being in the positive spotlight all season and will continue to play at such a high level. Maybe, just maybe, his days of laziness are behind him. Hell, he's worth a shot either way.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

TJ, I hadn't seen that prediction of yours originally, but it's a good one.

Al's agent said he thinks Al's just getting franchised this year. Heck, the number is 6.36 million, that's too good for the team to pass up.

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

That number is awesome considering some people are willing to give Odom more.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

After reading the article, one question I have is this?

Exactly what will Albert do differently on the field in 08 if he thinks that he will be a FA next year?? That comment alone (even though I realize that he can be franchised for more than one season) makes me uncomfortable signing him to a long term deal. I say franchise him and make him earn the long term deal. If he shows the attitude that he implies with the above comment he is not worth signing long term, since IMO he would disappear on the field again soon thereafter.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He can't be franchised two times in a row.

6. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Legally, he can, but it's often cost probitive, however if the tag is less than $7M, it wouldn't be that bad of a hit. Although I'd imagine if we stick with the tag and he plays really well he'd probably get an extension mid season.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not in a row.
    That is why Asante Samuel is a free agent.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

In that case, the Pats promised him he would only get it one year. For an example of someone who keeps getting it, look at Walter Jones a couple of years ago.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Walter Jones was before the new CBA. The new CBA changed the rule, I am certain on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar