Haynesworth Returns to Titans Practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Nov 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: DT Albert Haynesworth returned to the practice field today. It was the first time he's participated in practice since September. "I thought he did a good job out there today," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said. "He was in really good shape when he left, probably in better shape than the last couple of years when he left. He maintained that." Fisher said that Haynesworth may be stronger for the remaining part of the season because of his time away. "What happens also is there are those normal bumps and bruises that you really never get a chance to put behind you during the season," said Fisher. "Well, he got a chance to put them behind him. I think he physically benefited from it. Now, we just have to keep him going and continue to get him involved in the football part." Haynesworth apologized to teammates before practice began.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

No one is posting on this thread. They are clearly disgusted. I personally think he should be banned from football all together. It is dangerous enough out there and now you have to worry about aggravated assault while you're down. Why do you think ray lewis is still so dominant... People are too worried that he's packin a knife to block him. (that part tongue in cheek)

[​IMG]

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

yeah...that's it.

couldn't be the other 40 Haynesworth is back threads could it?

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

:biglaugh: good comeback danny

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

We need him..

Haynesworth to his credit has said and done all the right things and did his time without any problem. He is still a titan and now we need him to improve our terrible run defense.

If he has a good game sunday all the credit should go to fisher and schwartz for coaching him up!

6. fltitan

fltitan Guest

I guess that people who have never made mistakes can be against giving someone a chance to make amends. What Al did was wrong, he was severly punished as he should have been but he has done the right things and it's only right that he be given the opportunity to play again. I hope this changes his attitude about life and he learns to handle his anger issues.

7. GOFIGURETITANS

Ya, you're right. He only did one measly thing wrong...:sad2:

http://www.8bm.com/diatribes/volume02/043/876.html

Albert Haynesworth had already kicked one of his own former teammates Justin Hartwig in the face during practice.
    He got into another fight with a teammate, this time it was Will Ofenheusle. Haynesworth left the facility and came back with a long pipe to beat Ofenheusle to death but the coaches talked him down.
    For that attempt at aggravated assault on Ofenheusle, Haynesworth got half a game suspension.
    Half a game.
    HE came to work with the full intention of beating a man to death and the appropriate response to that was making him sit for 2 quarters.
    Once again, if I go into work with a pipe looking for a coworker whether or not I get to go home for the day won't be the question, neither is the fact that they won't ask me to come back…ever.
    Just in case you were wondering, Haynesworth's violence isn't just limited to his own teammates. He was even charged with road rage earlier this year, although the charges were later dropped, which isn't all that uncommon of an occurrence when you are rich.
    Maybe this guy does fly off the handle and then feels bad about it the next day.
    Well apparently he never feels bad enough about it to change his behavior for good.
    At this point that is the only thing that any of us should be concerned about.
    For our sakes.

8. GOFIGURETITANS

I completely dissagree. Haynesworthless has done all the right things to get his paycheck back. That's all he's done.:irked:

9. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Of course, if he stomped on Schwartz like that everyone would cheer, lol.

I say let him play. At the worst, he sucks and we trade him at the end of the year. At best, he plays well, and we either resign him cheap or trade him for a little better pick. It's a win-win.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You must not be a religious man.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar