Haynesworth says Agent and Team working on a deal

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Look forward to mediocre albert next year. I say that, but I'd hate to let the guy go, so I'm happy he'll be here, even if he's just playing average again.

3. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Grrrrrrrreat!

4. Sannyasin

Sannyasin Guest

The team's future depend upon him, you HAVE to sign him and hope for the best.

Try to get Shaun Rogers too.

5. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Haynesworth Long-Term Contract in Progress

SUMMARY: According to DT Albert Haynesworth, his agent has already started negotiations with the Titans on a long-term contract. "Everything will take care of itself," Haynesworth said. "I hear good things from [the management] here, so we'll see what happens." Haynesworth will become an unrestricted free agent on March 2 if a deal isn't reached by then or the Titans franchise him. On Monday, Titans coach Jeff Fisher said the team will begin the process of evaluating all their players who will be either restricted or unrestricted free agents. "We have every intention of keeping this team together," said Fisher.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

6. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I must be one of the only ones on this board to believe that big Al has changed his ways. I dont think his improvement was just to land a new contract. If you think back, he came into camp in the best condition of his time here and seems to have improved himself as a person too. I still think the thing to do is get him locked up long term this offseason.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

now you wanna talk about someone who only plays for the money, shaun rogers is a prime example. he's not as bad as albert was early in his career, but he's just a step up when it comes to taking plays off and frankly not caring. he practically mailed it in the second half of the season for the lions this year.

8. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Git-R-Done! Then go out and find his twin to play next to him.

9. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

Money Talks...a lot, especially in this business. You have a DT who has been mostly lazy and mediocre his entire career. He's also had a rep for having a bad attitude and it showed last year with his stomp. Then all the cards were on the table this year and he had to produce/change, which he did/has done. Now, he's going to get that money. What happens next is all up to Al. Sad thing is, history has shown that there's a chance he wont show up. I'm hopping he does. He has as much of a chance of getting suspended next year by Goodella the Hun, protector of the Patriots, as he does of repeating his form of this year.

10. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

I agree I bought that article about him in the Scene...a changed man I tell ya.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar