Haynesworth Skips Conditioning test again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Sooooo, what do you guys think is going on? Seems odd that he couldn't have either passed this thing by now or that Shanahan would have made his point by now. Why continue to keep AH out?

Anybody think this is a move to further devalue AH and present this as a "no alternative but to cut" AH to divert attention away from Snyder's bonehead move?

I would certainly love to have AH back here if that were the case.

2. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

As Fish would say, he has a knee.
    Not sure if he really has an "knee or is playing the "I've shown up for camp but can't perform because of injury so that I will get traded or released" ploy.

3. KillerTitanFan

KillerTitanFan Starter

I read where Shanahan said that Haynesworth may "possibly" practice anyways without passing the test.

How many rules are they going to break and bend for him? This should make for a very exciting season in Washington

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The over and under on Haynesworth laying on the turf 10 seconds or more after the whistle when the Skins come to Tennessee is three.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Yeah- funniest comment from the stands I heard was when AH as taking his usual nap on the ground after a play and a guy said:

"Save the smellin' salts he ain't hurt, just waggle that contract over him- he'll wake up!"

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I've lost just about all interest in getting him back.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Anyone know what this conditioning drill is?

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

300 yards back and forth between 25 yard apart cones... in 70 seconds. Three minutes of rest, then do it again in 73 seconds.

The first day, he was disqualified because he took a bathroom break in between that took ten minutes... then he didn't pass the second time around. The second day, he missed the first time by one second. Over the weekend, he sat out to rest his knee.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That test isn't as easy as some believe, especially for a fat guy.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I don't think anyone is saying it's easy. I'd think that most people would think that if someone pays you 21 million dollars and asks you to pass a conditioning test, you should be able to make that happen. Professional athlete. The first part of the word means that he's being paid to be able to do these things.

• High Five High Five x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar