Haynesworth Skips Conditioning test again

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

They have already devalued him, and tarnishing his reputation is not exactly increasing his trade value.

I can understand why AH isn't happy. Other than money, why should he be? He was brought in to be a dominant 4-3 DT. And instead of that they want to move him to NT where he'll get no stats and little recognition regardless if he did well as a NT.

I thought Shanahan was a good hire, but I do NOT understand the switch to a 3-4 after investing so much money into AH.

2. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm still not entirely sure where I stand on this issue. On the one hand, AH was brought in to play DT in a 4-3. And if promises were made that they were going to build the D around him at that position then I can understand him being peeved. But on the other hand, for the kind of money they paid him he should be beyond grateful and not worry so much about stats and recognition.

I don't think it's as clear cut of an issue as a lot of people are making it out to be (i.e. AH being 100% at fault, or WAS being 100% at fault). It's an unfortunate situation for Washington but it's hard to feel too bad for them. They gave a ridiculous contract to a guy who everyone knew was all about the money (not to mention the obvious tampering). And they decided to switch to a completely different defense one year after giving him that contract (gotta believe they at least had an inkling that AH wouldn't be very happy with the change).

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

I'm left wondering if there is some kind of clause where Haynesworth has to stay in shape, giving the Skins the option to void his contract and recoup the roster bonus they gave him if he can't pass the conditioning test. Of course, Haynesworth and his agent being privy to this knowledge created this "knee" to block the attempt. He may have been in the locker room calling his agent when he got disqualified from his long break. That's one conspiracy theory anyway. He may have been in the crapper taking a giant deuce. There definitely seems to be posturing, however, like RM said.

4. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

I don't think he's going to be playing NT...or at least he won't spend most of his time there.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I just can't side with Albert.. If 4/3 was such a deal breaker he should have had it written into his giantazz contract. It would be a total meltdown across the NFL if every other player pulled this crap every time a change occurred in a team's playbook with which they they didn't agree.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or trying to say the human body doesn't start deteriorating until your 60s.

7. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Haynesworth sits out again today.

Come on Shanahan- this is ridiculous- cut him/trade him. At least save some money on the food bill at TC.

8. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

I think it's more he's disciplining him. They've said almost endlessly that they don't want to trade him.

This is Shanahan's way of reinforcing to Haynesworth "This is my team; you do what I say. I am the one in charge here, not you." for all that stuff earlier....he's showing who's in charge

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

People need to realize, Haynesworth doesn't play football for the love of the game. Playing football just beats collecting litter. Of course he's going to slack off when he's allowed to. I'm so past wanting him back it's actually funny.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Up to a point but right now Shanahan's is coming off as cutting his nose off to spite his face.

Not a bad principle to let the guys there know he means business, but unless Shanahan is really going to keep AH on the bench the entire year- this is tactic is backfiring.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar