Haynesworth Sorry for Incident

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

He obviously can't control his anger... You can say that your worthless but that's not going to take 30 some stitches and a scar off of the other players face. Fact is he should be punished hard, and since this (in my mind and many others) looked like assault, there should be some civil issues brought upon Haynesworth.

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

nope

keep it on the field.

next thing you know a blindside sack will result in battery charges.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Total ghetto move, a disgrace. Nothing surprises me anymore.

4. sage

sage Guest

I feel this clown should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Look at the Bengals, Marvin Lewis sits out Chris Henry for being a passenger when Odell Thurman was arrested and charged with drunken driving. An off the field action and Lewis didn't even have to do this, but did. Props to Lewis for showing his team *** clowns are not welcomed in the NFL.

If the NFL doesn't do it then the Titans should, bench Haynesworth for the rest of the season.

5. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

People keep saying he stomped the player in the head. Come On! If you watched the game you saw on the replay that he raked his cleats against the guys head. He didnt stomp him. I grant you it wasnt good, but this is an example of something getting blown out of proportion.

6. sage

sage Guest

JMB54,

Let me ask you this, how many times have you have a 6'6" 330lb guys "rake" his CLEATS over your head which caused what 14 stitches above your left eye?

It's a shame to see some of the Titans actually make comments like yours as if it wasn't a big deal. The fact is Andre Gurode is very luck to have walked away as he did, a cleat to the eye could have easily ruined his career. Haynesworth has no right to play in the NFL now, what's done is done and now the NFL needs to make it official.

7. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

Sage,
    I'm not saying that what he did was right by any means, but he didnt kill anybody either. I might view this differently if this was an every game issue, but its not. How many times have you seen or heard about this type of play from Big Al.

8. sage

sage Guest

That's the point I'm trying to make, the NFL shouldn't let this EVER get any where near an every game issue. You let it go now then what happens next time?

It seems to me people are to willing to just turn the other way, instead make an example out of this. If you do this kind of crap then you're going to be gone from the NFL, period. No if's, and's or but's.

Again I go back to the Bengals (whom I'm no fan of) Lewis sits his WR out for a game in an off the field action where he was a passenager in a drinking and driving. Props to Lewis for sitting the guy out and making an example of him to his team that that kind of behavior isn't acceptable.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

right you are
    it is assualt, regardless of the venue it took place

this will probably end with criminal charges

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

This crap happens in football, don't make it right but it happens.

All this "shock" is just as stupid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar