Haynesworth TIME TO GO

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansCountry25, Oct 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

not even close to the cheapest shot in NFL history.

Sapp's hit on Clifton left him in the hospital for months just for starters

2. sage

sage Guest

I love it, people like yourself want to give this guy a pass because he's the Titans best DT. Boo Hoo!

Yes you're ohh so right, taking ROIDs is so much worse then stomping on a guys face with cleats. Yeah you're right, now I can see how ROID is so much worse then that.

Or you're other golden point, it's not really Haynesworth fault at all, but the coaching staff. If they was better maybe then he wouldn't have done this. Honestly I could careless if the guys dog got ran over and his mom called him and told him he was adopted just before the game. If you can't control yourself then you don't need to be playing the game.

Your ESPN article link - that's about the only thing I agree with you on and it's exactly what Siragusa said "If you want to take a shot at somebody, you do it during the play." - that's football, get pissed and hit that guy harder next play but doing it while the guy is laying on his back long after the play was over is just total nonsense. 5 games suspension - I'd been much happier to see a season suspension honestly.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

As cheap as Sapp's hit was it was also a legal hit. It might have been pointless, but it was legal. And I dont know every cheap shot in NFL history but Alberts has to be up there. If Gurode wants then Albert could very easily be charged with assault. Think about that. As violent as the NFL is we have a guy who could easily be charged with assault, during a game. Has there ever been a player charged or convicted of a crime because of what he did on the field, during a game?

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I don't know where to start. I'll pass on the insults and for discussion's sake try to "sage-ly" boil my point down in even more simple statements.

1. I do not believe Haynesworth should be "given a pass". Even with the most neo-lithic of interpretations, I'm not sure how my prior post could be perceived as such.

2. The relativity of severity of flagrant "unsportman's-like conduct" versus substance abuse (not steroids, but illegal/ilicit substances) and the NFL's punishment policy is a debate that could fill an entire thread. My summary position is, a 5 game suspension is unprecedented and not just because of the egregious nature of offense.

3. Fisher and Schwartz are not responsible for Haynesworth's actions. Only he is. However, Fisher and Schwartz are responsible for the efficacy and conduct of their defensive unit as a team. IMO, Haynesworth's actions are a sign of a much deeper disease coursing through the unit.

5. The act was absolutely disgraceful...

Ya know stamping on the head happens all the time in rugby, the only time you ever get cautioned for it is if you do it all game on the same player, and you get sent off for 5 mins, take into account its a physical game, and tempers can flare up when your frustrated...I'm not saying what he did should be encouraged, he had cleets, and the play was over when he did it, he should get suspended for 5 games, maybe more, but we shouldn't say, he should be accused of MURDER, or go to PRISON, CUT him even, cos that's insane...

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I have thought about it. Only proves what a wussified police department Metro Nashville has. A decade or so ago MPD officer Tony Constant shot and killed a retarted teenager (13 or 14) because he would not drop a table fork - On Thanksgiving. Constant's justification, he HAD to control the situation so he killed the kid - Total wussie coward Tony Constant is. FWIW he still carries a gun and drives a patrol car so drop your cutlery if Metro comes calling.

Not that I am aware of in the NFL. Yes for NBA and NHL and International basketball. Bobby Knight still can't go to Puerto Rico cause he is facing years in prison for something he did during an amature game.

Point is Geroud got a scratch on his forhead no grand jury with any testerone at all would indicte him. So I am positive Metro could get it done the bunch of wussies.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I don't consider 30 stitches a scratch.

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well its a BIG scratch I'll admit

9. sage

sage Guest

Excuse me, I didn't realize you was a psychologist - I'm sorry.

10. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That's alright- no worries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar