Haynesworth to be Signed by Redskins

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daves not here

Daves not here Camp Fodder

says the unbiased Vols fan

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd say it about anyone. Making the most money you can while playing in the NFL is smart.

The only reasons not to take a larger contract in my opinion would be

1) potential advertising revenue... such as a NY player may not want to come to Tenn if they can get great additional income through advertisements in a larger city.

2) a "Steve McNair" situation. Not good to burn bridges of your old city, to go to a hated rival's team. I have no idea if it has effected him or not, but I wouldn't pony up money in Nashville to get McNair to advertise for my business. Maybe if he ended somewhere in the NFC or something, but not since the Raven backlash.

3) The deals the player receives are so close in value, they'd rather play with the team that is closest to winning a SB.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, we didn't see this coming- did we?

1. We knew Albert wouldn't be a Titan as soon as we used the Franchise tag on him. (I only fault Mike Reinfeldt because we all knew he'd be MUCH cheaper at that time if he would have simply just offered the money. Instead, he used the 'we'll watch him dominate for 1 more season then let someone else have him' approach. A somewhat dumb move, but smart at the same time.)

2. We knew Albert would play his hardest (even though he STILL missed 2 games) and trick some moron GM in to giving him 2x's too much money. Congrats Dan Snyder, you're that moron.

3. And what we know? We all know Albert will never make a pro-bowl again based on performance. He'll go there, have no help on defense, play at 70%, be lazy, fake an injury and miss about 5-8 games per season on average.

And people wonder why I think most message boards have smarter members than GMs and coaches...

4. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

If I were receiving a small percentage of that contract, I'd be financially secure. Indicative that he isn't worth it. Frankly, watching him play would have been terrifying with that much money invested in him; like watching a precious glass being thrown about between young children, every time he took a bad bump or didn't get up, it'd be like all that money just disappearing right before our very eyes.
    The thing is, I'm sure Al's convinced he can remain the best tackle in the business, but what he wants and what he can do are two different things; he has the talent and the strength to be the best, but not the resilience and conditioning. He gets tired and he gets hurt. That's enough to ruin anyone's career.

With the Redskins, I expect he'll have some monster years, but a couple (perhaps all of one) will be robbed by an inability to stay on the field. Thanks for the last two years Al, best of luck to ya from here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar