Haynesworth to Patriots

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IMO this in no way makes the Patriots better. If anything it could slow them down.

2. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

This thread will be fun to watch as the day goes on...

3. bob45x32

bob45x32 Starter

If he can still play like he did in his last year as a titan then I think he would do well playing DE. Don't they still have Vince Wilfork at Nose?

4. Mr.biggums

Mr.biggums Special Teams Standout

Patriots are gonna use a mix of 4-3 and 3-4. With Haynesworth AND Wilfork, you have a lot of versatility to mix up packages, which Belichick will do. Plus, Belichick seems to know how to connect with his players, even if they are egotistical malcontents. Plus they got Albert for nothing. That's winning football.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

What about the $5M he is owed this year? Did they rework his contract before agreeing to the deal? Haven't seen anything on that. Low risk I guess, if they don't have to pay him much. Somehow I will be surprised if he makes the final roster

6. yanek27

yanek27 Starter

At least he did not go to the Jets.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Pats are a team with a lot of leadership and a strong coaching staff that has been there over 10 years. They can take a chance on a guy like that. We can't. We are not in a position to baby sit a lazy selfish low character guy like that. the Pats can just tell him to take a hike if he doesn't deliver.

I love it when posters act like they have been in a time warp and think the Pats got the AH that played here in 07 and 08. The last 2 years he was a burden to the skins not a dominant player.

AH will be part of a rotation there with Warren and Wright at the end spots. There would be no need for him to play NT with Wilfork and Brace there. Brace is a classic NT type player who weighs 330+ lbs and was a 2nd rd pick in the 2009 draft.

I doubt if Haynesworth even gets in on 40% of the snaps for them.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What do you mean due? His salary is $5.4M this year and will be paid out over the course of the season. The Pats won't owe him any bonus money until 2013 and they surely will not pay that.

9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I don't see them paying him $5M. If they didn't rework that, I doubt he makes the team

Edit: Looks like they will have to pay it if they keep him: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...r-Haynesworth-Redskins-left-to?urn=nfl-wp4049

10. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Smart move on the Pats.

Sometimes its all about personalities. Not saying this is gonna work out for them, but there's a high upside and low risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar