Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

just because he's the best we have doesnt mean he's all that good. he is average- above average and always has been.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I didn't say that I wanted to trade him. I want to keep him, but I think he could be on the block with the team.

I'm not an insider, and things in public seem to have cooled in their reaction, but it's certainly possible that they don't want him anymore.

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

The guy is averaging 3+ games missed a season. Allot of his injuries are due to not being in football condition and his weight.

Even if he steps up he will still probably miss 3 games and not be there when the Titans need him the most. Story of his career.

See ya at the end of the season IMO.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Well he was a deserving Pro Bowl alternate that year, but you don't remember. Tape any games? Go rewatch them if you do. Watch this year too.

I rewatch every game, sometimes more than once (or rather many plays I'll rewatch more than once, watching players closely). I'm going to assume that some of the people doubting Al's abilities don't do this, and don't really know if enough to speak. Not that that's anything new on the internet.

5. Blazing Arrow

Or maybe people give hero worship to a player who trys when he wants to and is not able to play out a 16 game season?

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I'm sure some do that as well.

7. Blazing Arrow

I agree.

I wish I could find the thread from last year about Haynsworth, some of my first posts on this board.

The guy is good when he wants to be but as mentioned he sits on the ground, fakes minor injures to get a break and we lose him in critical games. He needs to get his head right and stop floating through the game.

How much you bet he does not play out a 16 games season this year?

On top of that the injury he will most likely get will be a weight or poor stretching injury.

The question is do you want a guy that is a beast for a few dozen plays durning the year but you know he will not play out the entire season or do you want to have a consistent started who might not get through the line as well but is there 16 games and put in effort on every play?

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I won't touch the "fakes injuries" thing. Anyone can speculate that if they want, but it's just a guess.

He missed no games due to injury last year.

I'll take Haynseworth over any DT we have, and any FA DT. I think things are generally blown out of proportion when people talk about how hard he plays. And a lot of the time he missed was due to two freak elbow dislocations. I'm a little concerned about his health, but the only thing I'm really concerned about is him having any more crazy spells.

9. Blazing Arrow

It is still missing games and stomping a helmet less guy on the ground when you weigh 300+ is not exactly well in the head.

Yes he is our best DT. I never said I wanted the guy gone today. I did say when it come to contract time the guy can take a walk. Who knows who will be on the market next season, hopefully someone with some consistency and integrity. Plus I am sure he is going to want some $$ and with his injuries and other issues he will not be worth his price.

10. Bobo

Bobo Guest

If he has a really good season, he may want to get paid. If FA is anything like this year, he may get paid gagillions. Or, teams may still a little afraid of him....but it only takes one to dance. If it takes a lot to keep him, then I'd be very weary of it. Long ways till then though.

I saw somewhere that we may have a whole lot of cap room next year (I know, long way till that too), but if we have a ton of space, I'd be more inclinded to pay him a decent contract.

The whole idea of not getting into cap hell is a new approach. We'll just need to wait and see how this works compared to the old ways, but I hope we don't become too cheap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar