Haynesworth

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titanbuoy, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's also remember a few things. It's preseason, and AH is not built to chase scrambling QB's. His forte is bull rush up the middle with the ends containing. He is also a runstopper first.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

That sounds like the play- I don't have a recording.

I was particularly bothered by that play because as I remember, he could have had him with a little effort. I recall he pulled off his blocker and had his hands on his hips and just stood there watching Losman make the throw.

I don't have anything in particular against AH, I just thought that play was characteristic of what we often get out of him. Great skills, limited production.

3. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

It's funny how many of the responses to this thread make the statement that the team is better with Haynesworth than without (which is kind of a no-brainer). The point is, if Hayneworth plays well this season and the Titans choose not to trade him they are left with two options; let him walk via free agency or make him the highest paid player on the defence. If signing him up on the cheap was an option I'd be all for it, but I don't think that's on the menu.

Are all of you guys who are chiming in for Albert comfortable signing the chronically hot and cold Haynesworth to a huge money, longterm deal? I'd rather let him walk than commit that much of the club's cap space to underachievin' Al... I don't hate Al, I just don't think he's a cornerstone type of player (and that's all on attitude rather than ability).

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The only way I see AH coming back to the Titans is if he gives the team a nice home town discount. Unfortunately the better he plays this year and if he stays out of trouble the higher the odds are he isn't a Titans after this year. There is a chance, but I doubt it will happen, that the Titans could extend his contract early in the season. Otherwise I don't see him back.

5. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I think extending him in-season is the only choice we have. Waiting til the end will only work if he has a bad season. I wouldn't really test that angle.

6. Bobo

Bobo Guest

He didn't have his hands on him. And like I said, he did let off, and I can see it as partly due to the angle of the tv shot, but he was not about to get him and then just gave up on it. You can see the hash marks on that play and realize Losman was well away from him and gone by the time Al let up. I'm pretty sure this is the play anyway, since I kinda thought the same thing you did when I first saw it.

I think they should try to have a lot of the money in incentives. And if we don't sign him before he tests the market, and he gets a huge offer (very possible imo), I'd be leary of matching it. So basically, I think it's more likely that he plays elsewhere next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar