HBO Presents...Flight Of The Conchords

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by KamikaZ, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Seems like that game would be more satisfying if you chose one of these kids who really freak out about a differing opinion - sometimes they even call you a bigot:evil:

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

:ha:
    Throwing a label on someone is easier than actually considering another opinion...:))

[​IMG]

3. Hoffa

Seriously,
    Westerns don't appeal to me in general, and Deadwood did not grab me. Couldn't get into it, just not a big fan of that time period.

John from Cincinnati I like. I like the SoCal surfing culture it's set in. I lived in Daytona for a while in my 20's and was part of a trashy beach circle. Don't like to call it Beach Bum, cause I didn't bum anything, but I drove an old rusted out Chevy van, had a cheap beer bar I hung out in. I had no money, but looking back it was the happiest time of my life so far.
    The show is weird, sometimes too weird for me, but I do like it better than Deadwood.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Yeah after 25 years by a Florida beach I'm over it, but that doesn't have much to do with why that show doesn't work for me.. One episode though - for a show like Deadwood - isn't enough to base a fair opinion..

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I think if you ever have the opportunity to watch it from episode one, you should give it a shot Hoffa. If only for the amazing Ian McShane alone; I've always liked the guy but his performance in Deadwood was still a revelation.

I checked out your photos CC... it looks like you had an awesome time. I had no idea Dan also played "franks and beans" :) I can't believe I never noticed that. That fight Dan has in the final season was as brutal a scrap as I'd ever watched on film... I was exhausted just watching it.

6. Hoffa

Fair enough, I will give it another shot. I would like to start with episode one, and watch the first season in a marathon.

25 years? Wow, I was only there for 4. I went back to Daytona last month, lots of changes. I'm not really over it yet. I'd like to move back, maybe when I'm older...

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I go back to West Palm maybe once a year and it's changed every time. Feels like some weird mix of over-development and 3rd world..

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i'm sorry
    I thought this thread was about some New Zealand folk singers
    not Canadian SockCuckers :eh?:

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Why can't it be about both?

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just read that Flight is being reviewed for renewal by HBO and John From Cincinnati has been cancelled...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar