HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Puck, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Good, now I can get Bourne on Blu-Ray.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

yeah, i've been holding out on that too. looks like i'll have to do the same with american gangster.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Just realized why blu-ray isn't worth it. I didn't think about it, and tried to bring a blu-ray disc in my bedroom to watch on the computer. That sucks.
    DVD is still where its at, and I still can't tell any difference at all when watching a dvd and blu-ray. Maybe if they were side-by-side, but otherwise, the jump isn't a big one. So unless you get a blu ray player with your ps3, I wouldn't waste the money.

4. Unless you have a big screen TV, there isn't much difference in picture quality.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

a big HD TV screen.

6. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Do they have region free blu ray players yet? I didn't know movies were region encoded.

8. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

Not that I am aware of.

That was another advantage to HDDVD.

Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar