HD-DVD vs Blu-Ray

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Puck, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

There's a difference when it is a couple of people vs the main way to get movies.

Then there is the issue of waiting to get it, space to keep it, if you want a collection getting more space to keep it etc etc.

2. True, bandwidth may be an issue that that point.

The wait doesn't seem to be long. Apple says you can start watching in 30 seconds. Space could be an issue, but you can get massive hard drives nowadays. And for rentals, you can just delete them afterwards.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I don't know what broadband is like in the States but it is beyond dreadful down here.

4. It's not nearly as good here as it is in other places around the world. But I don't know how US broadband compares to AUS broadband. High end DSL is 6Mbps and cable is higher, in theory if not reality.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They won't open up the broadband channels down here so we are restricted.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Just in case there needed to be more nails in the coffin .....

Netflix has announced it's going with BluRay exclusively

BR ftw

7. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Wal Mart has joined the "kicking out HD-DVD and embracing Blu Ray" phenomenon.

I wonder how HD DVD will survive all of this.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They won't.

Didn't netflix also join the Blu Ray bandwagon?

9. Yeah, HD-DVD is basically done. They'll probably move to sell off what they have and then throw in the towel.

That said, I'm still not buying a blu-ray

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar