Head Coach openings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I believe the idea and question of the thread was about the 4 openings out there.
    Instead, it has become another Mularkey debate after improving from 3 wins to 9.
    Geez people.....get over it already.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Denver would be the plumb job in my opinion.

3. skitch

Yep. I would think it would be the most attractive to a coach with choices.

4. Subjugation

Subjugation Starter

Whats funny is look at Gus Bradley. He gets like a pass in the judgement dept. Mularky went there 1 season, team sucked he got fired. Gus Bradley comes in and is "so much better than Mularkey" he literally had 4 horrible seasons. I would say the Jags have more overall talent than the titans, going into this year, though our QB is better which means more than any other position.

I just dont get the coaching thing, its almost like having a favorite WWE guy, and complaining when the other guy wins.

If you want to go by previous coaching experience, McDaniels is at a .390 win percentage with Mularky at .370 something, its not night and day, and Mularkey has essentially "garbage time 7 losses" from last year interim, and his 1 season in Jacksonville left him at 2-14, and 5 years later Jags are still there, so was it Mularky? Or was it the organization?

How many people wanted Chip Kelly last offseason, how'd he work out in SF? Hugh Jackson? Look at older guys, John Fox? Bruce Arians? Cardinals fell apart, dude has Carson Palmer and the best RB in the NFL, along with arguable the best secondary. But Mularkey cant coach winning 9 games with Valentino Blake and Brice Mccain as his top DB's?

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  5. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I hope this is the very last time I read "Valentino Blake and Brice MCCain as his top db's".

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  6. skitch

Mularkey had no chance at Jacksonville because of the ownership change. Kahn was going to clean house no matter what (even before the season started) and the staff knew it.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Denver is obviously the top job

49ers, Rams & Bills are atrocious jobs IMO. All for different reasons but I think those jobs are brutal

SD my #2 job, JAX my #3

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Sean Payton and Rams look to have mutual interest. Him and what's his face can bring back Bountygate!

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Especially if the Broncos land Romo

Bills look to be giving EJ Manuel a chance..SF is a mess

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. kenny

kenny Starter

Read on NFL.com that O'Brien may be fired, or they may "Mutually Part Ways" if he does not win his playoff game this year. We may be looking at 2 new HC in the Division.....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...aching-tracker-whos-on-the-hot-seat-whos-safe

UP IN THE AIR

Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans: It's possible O'Brien could be coaching his final game with the Texans on Saturday if they are eliminated against Oakland in the Divisional Round, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported on Monday on NFL Network's Good Morning Football. He added there is a chance that O'Brien and the Texans can mutually part ways

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar