Head Coach Search 2018

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Black Mamba, Oct 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

Mike Mularkey (MM) is a terrible Head Coach. The man is 21-43 (.328), and consistently makes head scratching play calls. There is also ZERO evidence that he can inspire talented players (Yoda, Wright, etc) to consistently play at a high level. It is just a matter of time before he is let go, so the purpose of this thread is to evaluate his possible replacements.

Mularkey has a three-year contract that was signed this year, but I don't expect him to make it to the 2018 season. So during that off season we'll have to find our coach of the future, and actually fu<king make an effort this time. A lot of us on here would normally think to what NFL coach would be available by then, but I'd like some of the College Football watchers of the forum to put up some of their picks they'd like to see from College.

One of the guys I've been looking at is Jimbo Fisher. He is 76-15 with a National Championship (2013) and BCS Championship (2003) as an OC. Fun fact, Jimbo has coached under both Nick Saban and Les Miles before getting a head coaching job of his own at Florida State. He is currently signed with the Seminoles until 2022, but his contract buyout by 2018 will only be $3Mil.

[​IMG]

The NFL as a whole needs new blood, the good-ole-boy system has made the league boring and has kept bad teams at the bottom for far too long. To be honest, unless Bill Belichick decides he wants to take on the challenge of coaching the Titans, I don't want a current NFL Head Coach. What are your thoughts on a possible new coach? Would you rather keep the hire within the NFL, or would you want to source elsewhere? Or do you just hate the Seminoles? Let me know.

TL;DR: Mike Mularkey sucks, we need new blood in 2018; Hire a College coach.

2. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

Jimbo Fisher? C'mon man

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Black Mamba

Black Mamba Special Teams Standout

Yup good-ole Jimbo. Any reason you don't like him?

4. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Mike Mularky
    /end thread

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Or David Shaw.

When Derek Mason gets fired from Vandy he might be a heck of a D coordinator. What he does with the crap talent he gets at Vandy is nothing short of amazing.

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Jeff Fisher should be unemployed by then.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • LOL LOL x 1
  7. VondyP

VondyP Undisputed 2QBeaver Champion

We are trying to get back to at least mediocrity, taking a flier on a college coach who was trained by a guy who failed terribly in the NFL seems like the wrong route.

There is a reason teams generally hire coaches who have been in the NFL a while, they have a feel for the pro game, the college game is very different. While there are some who work out, most do not.

8. meekmode

meekmode Starter

good lord, jimbo can barely get it done with one of the most loaded rosters in college football, no thanks. if you get outcoached by college coaches consistently you probably should stay away from the NFL. What's something that Jimbo offers that other candidates don't?

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. RTH

RTH Meh...

I just want a legit search this time.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  10. Fairweather Fan

Fairweather Fan Pro Bowler

I hear Amy Adams Strunk is a big fan of Terry Robiskie.

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar