Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Most proven HCs retire before they go to another team. And why would they? If they are proven, they are doing a good job and not getting fired.
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

I imagine Whisenhunt will make his decision tomorrow.
  3. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

saw an interesting start to a Tenn.com article:

When NFL teams went shopping for head coaches last offseason, they showed a decided preference for candidates with a background on the offensive side of the football.

In fact, seven of the eight new hires for 2013 were offensive minds.

Three of the offensive hires — Andy Reid in Kansas City, Chip Kelly in Philadelphia and Mike McCoy in San Diego — guided their team to the playoffs this season. Two others — Bruce Arians in Arizona and Marc Trestman in Chicago — fell just short of the postseason.

The lone new head coach hired for 2013 with a defensive background was Gus Bradley in Jacksonville. He lost his first eight games before finishing 4-12 with a talent-depleted team.

With that my stance doesn't change... Greg Roman please!!! Still though to be fair to Gus, he has/had a HORRIBLE team and I have a lot of respect for that dude. Hell, when Sen'Derrick is one of your highlight players, you got SERIOUS talent issues...
  4. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan Starter

Jim Wyatt@jwyattsports 2m
    Mentioned #Titans' serious interest in Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt here last nt. But remember, this is very much his call. 3 teams interested
  5. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Starter

You are using Mike Munchak, Wade Philips, and Norv Turner to make your case?

Three guys that have since been fired, and none re-hired.

In theory though I don't think it matters.

If Quinn is who we want, I think we can have him easily. I think he would take the job.

If we want Whisenhunt and wait to give Quinn a courtesy interview, that's a mistake, obviously. I don't think Whisenhunt makes it to the Super Bowl. Detroit will pull the trigger. And even if he likes us better, he won't pass up a job offer to wait for us. I wouldn't either.
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I didnt take a stance on it, I simply do as I always do and provide the facts. Do with it what you want, but dont think I said post super bowl hires are the way to go.
  7. DeeT04

DeeT04 Starter

Whisenhunt seems to be gaining some steam In Tennessee, hopefully he comes here. He was the coach I wanted from the start.
  8. DeeT04

DeeT04 Starter

Whisenhunt!
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Starter

If the Titans want Whisenhunt, they won't wait and give Quinn a "courtesy" interview. That's absurd.
  10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Whisenhunt's record as a head coach is below 500. Why is everybody so keen on him?

The last 3 years at Arizona his teams were 5-11, 8-8 and 5-11. Is that the record we are looking for?

Munch's worst season was 6-10.

Whisenhunt won only when he had an elite QB and elite WRs so how does that make him an offensive genius?