Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I am with you here completely, but the truth of the matter is that Harbaugh would have never come here unless Bud would have thrown stupid money at him. Remember, he played Miami so that the 49ers would up their ante, and got exactly what he wanted in the end, the Niners job was always the one he coveted and I thin it would have taken something obscene in terms of cash and control to even get him to stop in and listen to an offer to come here. Bud had to have known that from the beginning.

That said, I don't think Bud ever had much of a doubt as to which way he was going to go when that whole process started. As a result, Munch had little time to put together a legitimate coaching staff and thus we ended up with that dud Palmer as an OC and Gray as DC (not that he would have gone any other direction had he had the time anyway because of the cronyism that Munch seems to practice).

I fear you will be correct and it will be another lost season of 7-9, 8-8 at best... I have zero confidence in Munch and quite honestly, I am not nearly as high on Williams being promoted as many on this board seem to be. To me he is still part of the Oiler/Fisher era and as a long time fan (since 1976) I am just so done with that regime it's not even funny.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Are you suggesting Munch did not want or had no say in the QB? Who had a RB that has had a 2000 yard season? Who has had 3 top 40 pick WRs to coach?

These can go all day. That is exactly why it doesn't matter. It is like saying who got the bad ref calls. It doesn't matter at the end of the season, did you get in the playoffs or not.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I feel that the only time you cannot pin missing the playoffs on the coach, is if you get double digit wins, and still miss them.

Like Lovie last year, and the Bucs a year or so ago. However, going 0-4 in the division at this point, is simply not acceptable.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What if you've inherited a crap team?

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

talking about a coach with a few seasons

6. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

yall are cray cray

if munch is canned were gonna try to catch lightning in a bottle twice and promote bruce matthews

7. Alex1939

Still blame them but it is a better * asteriskz

Munch deserves 0* The first year * of "shortened off-season with labor dispute" is a positive+ not a negative-

The 2nd and 3rd years have and will (good or bad) speak for themselves.

3 years and no playoffs is WAY long enough for a trial period for any coach. What coach in NFL history has missed the playoffs in his first 3 years as HC and turned the team into a Superbowl winner? Give me multiple names and I will shut up for a period of time to be determined later.

8. Alex1939

It sucks the Titans suck. again.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Bill Belichick... and I think he may be the only one.

I'll go as far to say that Belichick isn't a great coach. Without Brady, he would've been fired long ago. But he struck lightning with that draft pick, and owes his life to Brady. We'll never know, but that's just my view.

The day Brady retires will be the exact same day Belichick retires... he won't have the balls to go out there and prove he can succeed without Brady. Yea... he went 11-5 with Matt Cassel, but I don't care. He still ain't that good.

Give us Tom Brady, and we'd have just as many Super Bowls if not more, and we'd be sitting at 9-3 this season too - even with Munchak.

None of this changes the fact that Munchak needs to be fired, however.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar