Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I still don't understand why a large proportion of you guys want Lovie Smith. What exactly has he done? A great defensive coach who puts forward anemic offenses and relies heavily on the run game. Went to the Superbowl, but lost and has really built his reputation off of 2 seasons. Lost the locker room during the end of his tenure. Reminds me of someone else we parted ways with not too long ago. He's just a Jeff Fisher clone to me and that's exactly what we don't need.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I don't get it either. I guess because he's the "big name."

3. KyTitansFan

Jeff Fisher's first 9 years: 87-57

Lovie Smith's 9 year career: 81-63

4. Matty

Matty Camp Fodder

He got the Bears to the Superbowl then like many others got stagnant in the same place...

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Sounds like Fishface

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Well, when Mike Munchak is your HC pretty much anyone starts to look pretty damn attractive.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If you don't want lovie then who do you want?

Don't just gripe, list better alternatives.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

• Lane Kiffin
    • Chan Gaily
    • Rod Marinelli
    • Romeo Crennell
    • Butch Davis
    • Bobby Petrino
    • David Shula
    • Marty Morninweg

Oh we could do a lot worse.

9. KyTitansFan

Bill O'Brien and Mike Zimmer would be at the top of my list.

O'Brien because he runs a fast tempo, exciting offense. Coached under Belichick in New England. Coaches with passion. Head Coaching experience with Penn State where he has done great his first 2 years taking over a program in a bad situation.

Zimmer because his defenses are always solid. Runs an attacking 4-3 defense which fits our personnel really well. Also coaches with passion.(youtube mike zimmer cursing the bengals defense) Years and years of NFL experience.

10. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I have made it well known that Bill O'Brien is my #1 choice. Others would be Shaw and Roman. I wouldn't mind Bevell , but he wouldn't be one of my first choices. Gase from the Broncos. Pretty much what I want is a young up and coming offensive genius.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar