Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

And who is ur HS Football Coach?

2. Crowe 62

Crowe 62 Camp Fodder

Is Lovie Smith still on the market? He is an old school smack em in the mouth style coach...anybody else like him besides me

3. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

For me the answer to the question of whether or not to get rid of Munch doesn't lie in the other potential candidates who are out there. It lies in Munch's own record and abilities/shortcomings.

I do not believe Munchak is the guy to take us to the promised land. Could Lovie Smith be that guy? Could Ray Horton? Could Mike Zimmer? Could Darrell Bevell? There's no way to no for sure. But I'd sure like to find out.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Lovie Smith Gary Bevell (oc seatltle) Wisenhunt Billick Gruden O'brien Rex Ryan (if fired) Steve Mariuchi and basically any decent 0C or DC that is not an o-line coach and has o ties to jeff fisher.

5. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Bill Cowher and fire them all and let him do it!

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Mike Sherman
    Perry Fewell
    Mike Zimmer

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

On the real do, here is my short list:

Mike Holmgren: 161-111 coaching record, to have 50 more wins than losses over a 20 year coaching career is outstanding in any era. He has a history with Webster going back to the Seattle days, is great with QBs (Montana, Young, Favre, Hasselbeck), and I believe he'd want to come back to coaching if the situation was appealing enough and if the money was right.

Jon Gruden: 95-81 isn't overly terrific but he was a good coach in Oakland and took an already good team in Tampa and made them Champions. I have heard him say that Jake Locker is a stud and also that CJ is a lethal weapon. He may be able to use them both more creatively or rid us of both of them and bring in his own guys. I find him appealing because he is a fiery guy who might be able to get more out of this team and bring a new attitude.

Art Briles: 7 out of 10 winning seasons, coaches a high flying type offense that could really be dangerous with the guys we have in place. Of the top college coaches this is a guy that would be great to take a chance on. I like Shaw also but Briles flat out knows football.

Overall I think that if we're gonna can Munchak then we need to go all in and get the best football coach possible. Don't fire Munch just to hire a slightly more competent coach, throw some money at some of the greats.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Adam Gase - Broncos OC
    Greg Roman - 49ers OC
    Mike Zimmer - Bengals DC
    Lovie Smith- former Bears HC
    David Shaw- Stanford HC
    Jay Gruden - Bengals OC
    Darrell Bevell - Seahawks OC
    Bill Cowher - Former Steelers HC (not sure if realistic, I don't consider Jon Gruden realistic because he isn't leaving the booth)
    Kevin Sumlin - Texan A&M HC

Those are in no particular order.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

I'd be ecstatic if Whisenhunt ended up here as our coach.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar