Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I guess a good question to ask everyone, and maybe this even deserves it's own thread, is "who don't you want as coach." Not to brag, but last time we went through this I kept saying over and over, "ANYONE but Munchak!" Man, if the Titans would just listen to me and the people on this board I'm sure we could lead them to a Superbowl.

That being said I don't want Whisenhunt or the ST coach from Dallas. 1. Whisenhunt has a lifetime losing record. Sorry, I don't care what excuses you make, we need to bring in someone that knows how to win. Not someone who just had one good season. I have dealt with a coaching hire before when the coach had a lifetime losing record and people made all sorts of excuses for him in the beginning but in the end it was a trainwreck. Thanks Dooley.

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

QB makes the coach more than visa versa.

No HC has ever won the Super Bowl with two different teams. Not even sure if a HC has even made the Super Bowl with two different teams other than Shula..
    Ponder that.. Teams as a whole win championships. Freaking out over how much one hates Munchak is stupid and essentially tunnel vision.

3. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I don't want Jim Caldwell, Aaron Kromer, Dan Quinn or Todd Bowels.

4. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Calais Capmbell lol. Colby Caillet is a singer (and hot).

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I actually almost started that thread earlier.

I could probably name plenty of coaches I don't want. But the one that immediately jumps to mind is Dan Quinn. As I said earlier, he took over a ready-made defense which was #1 in the league the year prior to his taking over. Sorry, but count me as unimpressed.

6. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I'm also not high on Bevell. That Minnesota offense with Favre wasn't impressive before he left for SEA.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

I'm gonna throw a name out no one's mentioned. Pete Carmichael of the Saints. Won a Super Bowl with Gregg Williams.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I'm on record as being skeptical of Bevell. I wouldn't hate the hire by any means. I'm just skeptical.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I don't want a coach that has a losing record, I don't think that's asking too much. If it's someone that would be becoming a first time HC then I would like them to have some proven success as an OC or DC on a good team.

10. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

how bout we start a thread about what poor guy well bring in to fulfill rooney requirements

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar