Head Coach thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

O'Brien also took McGloin who was a walk on and not recruited by any other D1 school and developed him into a pretty decent qb. Brady and McGloin, that's your development resume and I like it. (McGloin isn't great, but is a lot better than what he was supposed to be.)

2. crypta333

crypta333 Starter

Hes too short for one thing. Need a tall guy in the NFL.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Good call. I totally forgot about him. He has a huge buyout at PSU though. I doubt we'd be willing to pay all of it, O'Brien's new salary and then one more year of Munch's all at once.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Youve been taking that Locker injury pretty rough.

5. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

I did too until Wisconsin played Penn State on Saturday and they kicked our @$$. They are like 7-5 and would be bowl eligible if they weren't banned. I like what he's doing there and it would get him out of there making the path for the Badgers easier. Lol.

6. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

If the new owner is smart, and he thinks Obrien is the guy, he would.

This franchise is close to a tipping point. Already you see the stadium half full of away fans. Soon, the PSL holders will desert in droves. Eventually, we could even see tarps and blackouts.

This franchise does not have deep roots here. People could easily go back to whatever they did before.

7. Renfro95

Renfro95 Starter

I for one hope he comes back and proves everyone wrong. I agree we need to get the insurance policy with this QB class, but Jake has all the talent he needs to be the guy. Just gotta stay healthy. Knowing our luck he leaves here and breaks out somewhere else. Thats about right.

8. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

What makes you think Tommie Smith is cheap?

9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You make excellent points. Hopefully our FO can think outside the box half as well as you.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

David Shaw- Stanford HC, former Stanford assistant offense
    Greg Roman - 49ers OC, former Stanford OC
    Lovie Smith - 81-63 with Bears, 3-3 in playoffs. 3 playoff years in 9 seasons.
    Jay Gruden - Bengals OC, former Arena League HC
    Darrell Bevell - Seahawks OC, former Vikings OC
    Bill O'Brien - Penn State HC, former Pats assistant offense
    Adam Gase - Broncos OC, former QB coach

My favorites of the thread so far. As you can see I mostly want offense, but will take Lovie for his history as a HC. Lovie is best chance for the Andy Reed effect that has gone on in KC this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar