HeadOnASwivel's Titans mock... the one you've all been waiting for.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Realistic Mock...

Rd 1 pick 8-JJ Watt De-DT Wisconsin

Rd 2 pick 39-OLB-DE Dontay Moch Nevada or Bruce Carter UNC

Rd 3 Ricky Stanzi QB Iowa

Rd 4 a-Edmund Gates Wr Abiliene

Rd 4 B- Tyler Sash S Iowa

Rd 5 and 6 we can address the offensive line with some long term prospects.

Rd 7 our 2 picks are wild cards. Another Qb like Scott Tolzien if he falls that far or Josh Portis or Taylor Potts. Maybe another fast linebacker like Rolle out of Ohio State.

This draft addresses our defense on many fronts. Gets us a quality prospect at QB. Speed at WR. Can't address everything so we hope a later pick can shine on the offensive line.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Austin will be gone by that pick and Young might too. Young is more realistic than Austin though Mayock talked about him being a late 1st early 2nd round guy now which I don't see him going that high but definitely not mid to early third. Maybe Casey from USC could be there.

Love Martez in the second would be a great pick if he fell. Round 6 on is meh but they are late picks.

3. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

HOAS.

Is the SD trade worth it? Drop 10 spots in the first for a second rounder and a sixth rounder? using the old trade chart we are getting robbed. I like the idea of trading down twice.

I don't really like Pouncey or Dalton but the rest of the draft is filled with upside.Did you consider Ayers at 23? I have watched alot of film on him recently, and now I understand why he's a 1st rounder. I would want Ayers or Luiget here.

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Whoops. :moon2:

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll stop you there. You want two DE's with our first two picks???? McRath is faster than Dontay Moch, and I know you only like Moch because of his speed.

If we're not going to get a QB with our 2nd pick, it should be a center or guard.

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Nah, were not getting robbed. By the old chart the Chargers get +60 or 80 points, I don't remember. Either way that's a pretty fair trade, points wise.

The thing is it seems as though everyone on this board is fine with Harris/Amano/Scott/Velasco... this is really disturbing to me. That group is one of the worst in all of football, so Pouncy would be a HUGE upgrade. Dalton is more pro ready to me than Gabbert, Newton, Kaepernick and Locker so why wouldn't we draft Dalton in the 2nd? I'm unsure about Ayers to be honest, he seems so up and down and may be a better fit for the 3-4 with his pass rushing abilities.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Pouncey can't snap the ball....also I don't think OG/C should be the main concern in the 1st round. We need help in the front 7 bad.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm quite sure he knows how to snap the ball, wow! And I addressed the front 7.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

:ha::ha::ha: Ohhh Reeeeally? I HATE Eugene Amano, and I'm pretty sure I've made that clear since the last second of 2008.

10. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

All based on the draft value trade chart... and in both scenarios SD and Philly end up with just barely more points. So it is possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar