HeadOnASwivel's Titans mock... the one you've all been waiting for.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by HeadOnASwivel, Apr 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krogers

krogers Camp Fodder

Number one goal in this draft should be to get that big man up front on the D-line and get a real QB (not a third rounder that MAY work out or they could end up playing like Rusty.)

1.8 - DT- Nick Fairley- Thats the big man we need

2. - QB Ryan Mallet or QB Jack Locker.... I think one of them will fall because not many teams are sold on Locker and Mallet has too many issues to clear up before he goes high in the draft.
    I agree this is a small stretch to get them this late but if both are gone than.... QB Christian Ponder will be there for us to grab.

3.77th - WR Titus Young- great pick if he falls BUT if not...WR Greg Little. He will be a steal because he did not play last season and has some ?'s to answer but watching his pro-day....he is the answer to put on the other side of Britt

4. 109th - ILB Casey Mathews- His size will allow him to fall this far in the draft but he will be a steal for us.

4.133th- SS Ahmad Black- He will be a great help for Griffin and I think could have starter potential from day one

5.142nd- OT Lee Ziemba- He is a winner and I think he will still be on the board- Great pick

6.175th- QB Tyrod Taylor- Many will say why... I say he has great potential to be a good back up QB and could come in "wildcat" plays. His size will hurt him big time in this draft.

Fill holes in the D with the extra picks we got and the seventh round pick

Some of this mock may be a little bit on the wishing side but I think most can hold true.

Please let me know what yall think

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

So you would support the Pouncey pick then?

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Since it seems like most of you don't like trades, I'll do another mock in a couple weeks w/o trades. Good times :)

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't think there's any way we go O-line first round. I can't remember the last time we did so and I think Munch and Rein think our coaching at O-line is so good we could take a guy later and build him up.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Did you not see him play last year?

6. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Some, a lot of shotgun snaps from what I recall. It's not that difficult to learn how to snap a ball man. I can tell you one thing he's already better at the shotgun snap then either Amano or Harris or whichever pile of crap we have currently.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I like the Matthews and Nevis picks. Dislike the Pouncey and Dalton picks.

8. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Trades are cool, but I feel as though you were too generous with the Titans payoff.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If Pouncey is anything like his brother I have no problem picking him there if we traded down. We anchor the OL with a young OC like Pitt did and eradicate a weakness in our OL.

If the Titans aren't sold on any of the QB early waiting and taking Dalton makes good sense. if he is the guy they like. I also like picking McElroy later as a backup (assuming he doesn't beat out Dalton).

I know it is doubtful we could pull off one let alone two trades like that but if that were to happen I'd be for it. Maybe MR can find some of those diamonds in the rough like he did with Verner.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://cfn.scout.com/2/841853.html

JC said that Mcgrath is faster than Dantay Moch. Mcgrath ran a 4.61 at his combine and Moch ran a 4.44. Not sure how that computes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar