Healthy Jake or Injured Mett?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by husky97, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

What sucks for us is every new QB we try out (was Locker, now Mett), we are a year or two in waiting time for that QB to develop into something. Unless of course we get lucky such as the colts drafting a home run hitter or broncos picking up a HOF QB. Look at the dolphins with tannehill, this is his second year I believe and he's slowly progressing into a decent QB.

That's why I hope Mett pulls through and be the guy for us so we can quit sitting on our asses waiting every season for us to make playoffs. Yea, we're gonna have to give him atleast a year to develop and our FO to bring in play makers for him such as they did for Locker.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It would help Mett if we didn't have so many practice squad players playing on game day. No ones doing him any favors.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

If we have the same OL playing as they did towards the end of last game, it doesn't matter if Locker, Mett or even peyton manning/brees plays they will get killed.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

I still believe Mett could be a solids starter while we rebuild for the next couple of seasons.

Face it, he's had a horrendous/injured O-Line, and the main issue...no quality receivers, except for Wright who should is often shadowed because we have no deep threat what so ever. What good is having a strong arm when your receivers...

A) Can't beat any DB deep.
    B) Can't get any separation from the DB.

Add that to an O-Line that gives you 2-3 seconds to throw the ball, how can you honestly evaluate a quarterback with what's surrounding him at the moment? I honestly don't have a clue as to how he's even showing any positive signs what so ever.

To answer the question - Play Mett.

5. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

play mett for now as going back to locker does no good then draft Mariota if we can get him and let them compete for the job next year.

6. JiminyBillyBob

JiminyBillyBob Pro Bowler

The only smart thing the FO can do is to give Mett a shot next season. The guy was a 6th round pick, so he is dirt cheap right now. There is no QB in the upcoming draft that screams franchise QB. Any drafted QB would be a gamble.

• Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  7. JCBRAVE

do you not see the problem with that plan? Mariota doesn't play the same game as whats being played Sundays. For us to go down that rabbit hole we'd need a different coach, Whiz doesn't cater to the roster, he makes his team play his game not theirs, thats mainly why he drafted Mett. He's been this way since Arizona, I doubt he wakes up and suddenly calls what favors what our guys do best if it doesn't fit what he calls best. Whiz wants to eliminate risk, I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY doubt he'd ever draft Mariota.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Yeah he can have a shot to be our backup next season lmao. What is going to happen is, Jake will be gone and we will draft a rookie QB or sign a FA to compete with Mett for starting job. Mett will lose of course.

Mett's QBR rating is an abysmal 37.2 lmao and yet you love him. Do us a favor and just GTFO.

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
  9. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Mariota is a product of the system. He will be a scrub in the NFL.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. JCBRAVE

I feel about the same, but Im not calling him a scrub yet, he's not as bad as Manziel.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar