Healthy McCarthy ready for battle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Injured for most of last season and limited for much of the recent OTAs, Titans middle linebacker Colin McCarthy is ready to go for training camp.

Whether he will regain his starting role isn’t as clear.

“He’s healthy. He looks good,” Titans coach Mike Munchak said of McCarthy, who started all seven of the games he played in last year. “There are no concerns there as far as us having to limit him in any way.”

McCarthy will be battling free-agent signee Moise Fokou for the bulk of playing time at middle linebacker. It was Fokou who spent virtually all of OTAs and mini-camp with the first team — in part because McCarthy was still recovering from ankle surgery and a concussion, in part because Fokou made a good early impression.

“I’m sure we’ll start off the way we finished (mini-camp), rolling guys,” Munchak said. “But now you’re at the next level, now we’re at training camp. So you’ll probably see decisions made a little quicker than you saw in OTAs. You want to start seeing certain guys work with other people.”

Munchak said not to get too caught up in first- and second-team designations early in camp.

“We’re not big on who’s out there the first day and what does that mean,” Munchak said. “It means nothing. The best guys are going to play without a doubt. They all know that.

“I think we’ll have good competition there for that reason. If McCarthy is there one day and Fokou the next day, it’s not going to mean anything until we get to the games. So it’s just a matter of seeing how that thing goes.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

Attached Files:

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

At least we have a back-up plan this year, it was brutal watching Tim Shaw play MLB.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

Lol

I'll believe it when I see it.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Healthy, but for how long?

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

*****THIS JUST IN*****

Titans MLB Colin McCarthy just slipped on the practice field, broken ankle, out 6-8 months

6. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Easy man!

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I don't blame the staff giving Fokou a lot of first team reps, even if McCarthy wins the job he won't stay healthy for a full season.

8. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Don't forget the concussion and broken fingers he got while being put on th stretcher.

9. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Breaking News... Colin McCarthy started choking at dinner and sprained his throat on a chicken nugget. Sources say recovery period will be 3 to 6 weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar