Heat Halts Titans' Training Camp

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

As I climbed into my truck today leaving work I thought about how miserable it must be in the Titans practice. It is hot out there and has been all day... in fact, it's been like this for a minute... anyhow, I got to thinking about the deaths in recent years and I was actually worried for a moment because the heat index felt as if it was 105+f... Anyways, I went loking to see if Fisher was responding to this and I was relieved to find this...

http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/heat-halts-titans-training-camp

Now that may not be news to many of you but it is video of Fisher... and it is yesterday's news. I expect todays practice may have been postponed as well. I don't know of course. I just get concerned during camp because it's so hot and some of the guys are not in peak shape and when you factor in this trend of big linemen we've seen over the past several years... (although I beleive that trend may be reversing itself) ... yada, yada, yada... go Titans! :flame:

edit:

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?p=186556#post186556

sorry. I didn't realize until now this was in the "training camp" forum. My bad.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

And it won the nba championship. wow.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

[​IMG] [​IMG]

very similar...

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

Football player dies from heat stroke

sportsillustrated.cnn.com more...

this is so sad to me.
    my heart goes out to his friends and loved ones, teammates, teachers...
    seems like there is a story like this every year.

5. #1TitansFan

#1TitansFan Camp Fodder

A 16 year old died about a week ago after football practice in Henderson, KY. Nobody knows why. Original autopsy showed nothing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar