Hello from Bmore

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Mashed Potatoes, Jan 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Welcome Mashed Potatoes... any kind of potatoes are welcome here, really.

I think we all miss the old AFC Central - although it's kind of fun having us all be able to meet in the playoffs instead of kill each other in the regular season. I think the winner of the SB comes out of the BAL-TEN game - at least the AFC champ... As much as I hate to play the Ravens, I'd like to erase the last playoff game we had.

And yes, Ed Reed just might be the best to ever play the position. And it's not just the turnovers, which he has an obscene number of... it's when he gets them. The biggest plays of the biggest games, and he comes through. Griffin is our 2nd year guy out of Texas, and is off to a great start. Shows a lot of Reed's awareness for the ball, he's a fantastic tackler, and can stuff the run or drop back in coverage on any receiver. If he has half the career Reed has had, we'll be in good shape.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Welcome Mashed Potatoes.

I am interested in what has happened to Todd Heap this year. I believe he could be a real factor for your team and give us a problem w/ our defensive schemes. I know last year he had hammy problems- has he just not recovered, is he not as good as he appeared 2-3 seasons ago, or has he just not been in the gameplan?

And btw- that last pick by Reed in the middle was just sick. He friggin bolted on it from 10 yards out. He knew where the ball was going before Pennington did.

3. Crow-Magnon

Crow-Magnon Guest

Heap has been used mainly as a blocker to protect Flacco. Which is not necessarily a bad thing for a rookie QB. And as Wilcox has been hurt most of the year, it's been difficult to run a two TE set and give Heap opportunities to catch passes.

Unlike Boller and McNair who quickly made Heap the go-to guy, Flacco and Mason clicked early andthat has kept Heap out of the spotlight.

But, I look to see more of Heap from here on out.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The Titans pass rush is going to have to keep Heap in to block as much as possible. The Titans D has given up quite a bit in the middle to the TE this season. I expect we'll see Heap chip on KVB then take the quick pass from Flacco and try to break a tackle.

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I am concerned b/c the Jets and the Colts both used the TE's well and slants w/ WR's. I'm confident we can shut their O down completely if we can get good decisions out of our LB's and safeties.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Will be a great, great game. Can't wait. Baltimore was the team I wanted to play. Why? Because I want to play the best out there. Tired of media talking about weak schedules and such, so I did not want to play SD. As far as Pitt, I guess they are already planning for a Pitt/Ravens match up. According to a piece in Pitt newspaper, they will beat SD and Ravens will beat Tenn, so already talking that matchup.

7. tommygoldman05

tommygoldman05 Is loving the Titans

Yeah it always sucks when the media writes your team off. I can understand how fans can do it but the media should not.

8. mrredskin

mrredskin Camp Fodder

I like the Ravens about as much as I like having diarrhea and looking at a 400lb woman in a bikini. Ray Lewis ranks up there with the likes of Michael Irvin and Leonard Little. Criminals. He's an absolute waste of space to society and should be in prison. Just give fatty the ball on our goaline carries this Saturday and watch him truck over Lewis en route to a 10 point + victory.

9. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

No. What I heard was that 2/3rds of the earth is covered by water, the rest is covered by Ed Reed, and since the Titans walk on water, Reed won't be covering anybody. :lol:
    Reed isn't going to intercept god, because if god wants to score, he can just teleport from the backfield into the end zone. <---top that. Hahaha!!

Yep. This game is going to be nothing but 60 minutes of destruction...from and to both sides.

Ten bucks says Ahmard Hall puts Lewis on his *** should he get in Hall's way.
    Ray Ray is an acquitted murderer, and Hall is a former Marine, who's already seen combat in Afghanistan. Semper Fi!!

10. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Yeah, and as soon as the ball touches Heap's fingers, Finny, Griffin, Tulloch, Hope and Bulluck will be on him like white on rice on a paper plate on a polar bear's lap in the middle of a snowstorm.
    Lest you forget Finny's nasty pop on Heap the first time we played. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar