Hello, Titans fans.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by kuchulainn, Nov 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuchulainn

kuchulainn Guest

Greetings, I'm a Jet fan, and I come here in good faith.

I'm excited about this week's premier match-up; I didn't quite expect this game to be of this level of magnitude at the start of the season, but then something totally unexpected has happened since.

I do watch Titans game once in a while, because I still have some soft spot when it comes to Titans - stopped at 1 yard line during the SB, etc etc.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok... enough of fluff here; is there anything you see from the Jets that worries you? I'd like to know how others see this franchise.

As for me;

1. Titans DL looks scary. Jets LT (D'Brickashaw Ferguson) has been very serviceable of late, but he always has hard time dealing with bull-charging DEs. I have seen that Titans utilize Haynesworth at RE on obvious passing downs, so that is not a good sign to me. D'Brick will have a thorough test on this coming Sunday, matching up against KVB and at times Haynesworth. Frankly, I don't like this at all.

2. Titans run defense; it all starts with the talented DL. I doubt if Jones will have a big day this Sunday. If he can, well. Jets have a good chance to win, but I am having my doubt on that one.

3. 2nd half adjustment; believe me, Jets are truly horrible when it comes to 2nd half adjustment. If you watched any of the Jets game this season, you'd know what I mean. 34-0 against 'Zona, then Warner comes out of the tunnel all fired up - then Cards score 5 TDs. I think Titans hold a distinctive advantage here.

4. Defense against short passing attack; Jets OLBs (Bryan Thomas/Calvin Pace) are all OLBs converted from DEs. They are big, but they are slow. Jets version of 3-4 is, in a nutshell, 5-2 with 3 DTs and 2 mobile DEs. Unless Jets commit one DB to cover TE (Law or Lowery, likely) Kerry Collins will have a very good day, picking his target underneath.

------------------------------------------------

And... true, Jets do have a putrid passing defense stat, but that doesn't mean Jets passing D is really that bad. (Well, Bob Sutton - Jets DC - is that bad, actually) Darrelle Revis is developing into one of the better corners in the league, and he has kept the #1s he has faced to minimal catch and contribution all game. My guess is that Kerry Collins would do well to attack the other corner (Dwight Lowery - he's the rookie). Believe or not, most of the lost yardages through the air came from either Lowery or 3rd CB (in nickel). Going over the middle (against Rhodes) is not such a good idea either. I am expecting to see a lot of short passing attacks and pass on whoever Lowery is covering.

------------------------------------------------

That's all I have to say for now. Hoping for a good game, and injury-free game. Good luck!

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Favre is going to throw 2 ints.

That's what I think.

3. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

the 10-0 is drawing all the buzz.

all fans want their team to be the first to beat us. if the Jets dont do it sunday. then go to the Lions forums and youll see them pumped up more for the Titans match up than any game they have had this season.

4. Aday25

Aday25 TITANSDAY

What I'm most worried about.

I think the Jets match up well...and here are 3 things that concern me.

1. Jenkins is a Haynesworth type DT. The Titans who are pretty good at pass protection need to do a good job handling him but also in the running game. I think the running game needs to do a little better for us this week because the Jets have the potential to bring heat with four and can drop back 7. Harder to throw on. So CJ and LW need to get things going...however I think throwing the ball early can help our running game, get Jenkins tired early by throwing and then run at him. Jenkins is the key for the Titans O.

2. Farve and his Wide outs... It depends on which Farve shows up...It will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure because the Titans secondary is good...however if our starting corner (Harper) is out Carr will be starting...he's a third stringer and even though he did well against the jags on the few d-series he played (3 tackles, 3 pass def., 1 int.) he needs to step up even bigger...I'll be watching his side of the feild all day. Farve will test him early and often...

3. 3-4 D's in the past have given us trouble, hopefully we can overcome that tendancy.

Although I believe the Titans pull out the win, (most fans do) I think this is one week where the Titans could falter a little bit. In this year, where there are 16 teams at .500 or worse (17 if you include PHI 5-4-1), 8 teams one loss away from .500 (9 if you include PHI 5-4-1), and 7 teams 7-3 or better...(only 3 have no more the two loses.), 7-3 means you are pretty dang good. I say that because I believe that the league has become more balanced with talent, and teams are playing better then ever. Its just a product of healthy competition.

Some see the records as a result of poor play...on the contrary I believe it is do more because the majority of teams are equals. Which also means this year that every win (unless your playing the Bungles or Lions) is earned. Congrats Jets on turning around your destiny with Farve and going 7-3 so far...I just hope your 7-4 come Monday.;)

Should be fun a game. Lets hope its injury free.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Jets have 1 very big thing in their favor. Fisher gets very very conservative when we have a 3 point lead or more.

With a lead Jets do not have to worry about deep passes, we will run and punt and turn to the defense to keep the lead.

6. moose4now

moose4now Starter

He does that most games.

Let's hope he does that in each half. :wink2:

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

that's okay because he's a gunslinger.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gAWlf8apuk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2gAWlf8apuk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. psychotictitan

psychotictitan Its About That Time...

No offense but i'm not buyin your "i come in good faith" bull$h*t because we have all heard the same rosy comments that you guys start off with and then it turns into pure stupidity. All you Jet fans need to have one big sleep over and put your stats on a projector and sing them aloud because thats about the only thing you guys have thats positive going into this game.

10. DirtySouthBoyz

DirtySouthBoyz Luv da' Rock

Its the clash of the Titans ! Farve vs Collins our defense vs yours.... one of the top games along with the Giants vs Cardinals and Carolina vs Atlanta, Baltimore vs Philly, N.O. vs Green bay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar