Helmet Rule Passes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Still have a hard time seeing it. Mike Brown has been a dunce for so long I need to see a lot more from him. Sure he outsmarted another team on the Carson Palmer trade. But it was the Raiders. Being the smartest in that pair is like being the smartest kid on the short bus.

2. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

Really? Brilliant comment.

Lemme ask you. When football goes to no tackle are you just gonna deal with it?

Dork.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Shonn Greene is pretty much useless now

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

how? He runs between the tackles, this rule change doesn't effect in the box play.

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That Carson Palmer deal was a thing of beauty and was playing out long before The Raiders got involved.. Carson "the quitter" put the screws to the team and Mike made gold out of it.
    I have seen very little from Mike that I would complain about in the last few years.

I still hate him for the 90's but I also see that his tactics do work too.
    They are only a few pieces short of pushing a top tier team or two off the totem pole..
    If they draft a complimentary WR to Green, forget it..

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This is coming, lawyers and broke retired players are ruining todays game

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Oh, Ok, didn't realize it was only in the open field.

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Man what a slippery slope of unintended coincidences this creates...

Say that this rule is implemented and it just doesn't work over the course of the season; too many penalties being called, slowing down the game and so on. A rule like this can never be overturned, even if it for the benefit of the game because of all the law suits that would happen.

Say the rule is overturned, the next season a running back lowers his head into a defender and delivers a blow to get an extra yard or two for a first down and the defender gets some horrible injury as a result. Can you imagine the NFLPA suing the NFL for compensation, not to mention the player.

This is what you get when you put a ambulance chaser attorney in charge of the NFL. Goodell will ruin this game and what he's doing now will almost be impossible to overturn once implemented.

Just another stupid rule.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

One big thing I give him credit for is not getting reactionary and firing Marv Lewis. He stuck with Lewis and it is paying off.

10. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I know. Its not hard to see. This is why i made my original comment and mr. Brilliant tells me to deal with it. Lol. People who only posess hind sight are a dime a dozen and asleep at the wheel for most of lifes great tragedies.

Not that football is a great life tragedy, but you get my point. Mr. Brilliant wont.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar