Helmet Rule Passes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I love how people react before they even read the rule.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Some people who post here make it awfully hard not to resort to namecalling sometimes don't they?

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Especially posters who start with K and end with aeotik.

Just kidding. :beerbang:

4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

They studied all 16 games from week 16 and decided it would have been called 5 times. Not a big deal in my mind.

By the way, it was Fisher who was leading this push for making it illegal with the competition committee.

It really doesn't bother me much. I think any player who leads with his head is making a stupid decision anyway. Too dangerous. But I think it's more to protect defenders than offenders. The helmet is a protective device, and players are trying to use it as a tool to attack defenders.

Old school football - original football - is to lead with the shoulder and forearm, not the head.

5. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

I don't see it as a big deal as long as they stick with their intent to only use it when it's blatant. If RBs use their shoulder or stiff arm (like many do) it's not an issue. It's also not an issue to bull through the line of scrimmage, even with head down.

6. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

I find it ludacris that the NFL and owners actually passed this rule, it will be extremely hard for officials to get the call correct and will throw even more flags inadvertently. For what it's worth I thought the RB in this video did exactly what he is supposed to do, be physical and run over anyone in you path. It's the way football is and should be

7. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I forgot how bad Michael Griffin got raped on that play. Turner officially pulled down his pants, spanked his ass, and made him his *****.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

This is going to be another subjective call that is totally up to what the ref thinks or says he thought he saw. For the conspiracy theorists, its another opportunity to change a games outcome.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Then you are a moron and never learned the basic techniques of playing football. You NEVER spear. You NEVER lead with your head. Hell, they teach this to 6 year olds and they understand it.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

So is holding. So is everything actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar