Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Helmet Rule Passes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Mar 20, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 4 users.
  1. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,135
    I love how people react before they even read the rule.
    Gunny high fives this.
  2. Kaeotik Pro Bowler

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $8,134
    Some people who post here make it awfully hard not to resort to namecalling sometimes don't they?
  3. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,135
    Especially posters who start with K and end with aeotik.

Just kidding. :beerbang:
  4. pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Hunter
    Moolah:
    $1,062
    They studied all 16 games from week 16 and decided it would have been called 5 times. Not a big deal in my mind.

By the way, it was Fisher who was leading this push for making it illegal with the competition committee.

It really doesn't bother me much. I think any player who leads with his head is making a stupid decision anyway. Too dangerous. But I think it's more to protect defenders than offenders. The helmet is a protective device, and players are trying to use it as a tool to attack defenders.

Old school football - original football - is to lead with the shoulder and forearm, not the head.
  5. memphis_raven Starter

Moolah:
    $630
    I don't see it as a big deal as long as they stick with their intent to only use it when it's blatant. If RBs use their shoulder or stiff arm (like many do) it's not an issue. It's also not an issue to bull through the line of scrimmage, even with head down.
  6. Chance9 Starter

McNair
    Moolah:
    $413
    I find it ludacris that the NFL and owners actually passed this rule, it will be extremely hard for officials to get the call correct and will throw even more flags inadvertently. For what it's worth I thought the RB in this video did exactly what he is supposed to do, be physical and run over anyone in you path. It's the way football is and should be
  7. cdubbs2121 Starter

C. Johnson
    Moolah:
    $4,458
    I forgot how bad Michael Griffin got raped on that play. Turner officially pulled down his pants, spanked his ass, and made him his *****.
    Obie09 high fives this.
  8. GOFIGURETITANS Locker To Start....please

Locker
    Moolah:
    $746
    This is going to be another subjective call that is totally up to what the ref thinks or says he thought he saw. For the conspiracy theorists, its another opportunity to change a games outcome.
    BiscoPhan11 and Obie09 high five this.
  9. MrBean Master of Not Much

Stevens
    Moolah:
    $428
    Then you are a moron and never learned the basic techniques of playing football. You NEVER spear. You NEVER lead with your head. Hell, they teach this to 6 year olds and they understand it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,378
    So is holding. So is everything actually.