Helmet Rule Passes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by acqua7, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edward nigma

edward nigma Starter

If this eliminates spearing, then I am cool with the rule change.

2. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If the defense cant lower their helmet and hit someone in the chin, why should the offense be able to.

I thought people were mad about the rules changing to help cater to the offense.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

People are mad because it's a rule change.

4. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

Not a moron bud, just like to see football played physically unlike some. Also you will notice that the reason the defenders helmet is knocked off is because he was out of position and tried to tack up high rather than going low.. Hell they also teach that to 6 year olds bud

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

They're not taking away the physicality of the sport, as it was said, if this rule was in place last year, it would have been called 5 times.

6. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You're not arguing in favor of "physical football" every football fan likes to watch a hard hitting, physical game. You're arguing in favor of something that is unnecessarily dangerous to both the RB and the tackler and illegal to boot. Watch the hit that paralyzed Eric Legrande and tell me the outcome would have been the same if he had kept his head up. MMA is probably the most brutal sport on the planet and even they have safety rules. These guys put their safety on the line to entertain us but this isn't ancient Rome.

7. netnut

netnut Starter

Just another way for the ref's to rig.... i mean control the game !!! Ived wacthed this game since the 60's and it is not FOOTBALL anymore.;-(
    Flags will be coming soon!!! This rule will be like when new pass interferance rules came in!!!
    That was a joke for 2 years!!! this will be too!!!

8. Chance9

Chance9 Starter

It's not Ancient Rome and hasn't been all these years, just simply football. Evidently people like myself and emit smith are in the minority as far as opinions on the rule being put into place. Although I do believe a lot of people will change their minds once refs start blowing calls and costing teams with physical runningbacks big time yards

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

You are correct. If I see refs over-officiating and changing the result of games, i too will be pissed and probably feel dumb for supporting the rule. But I hope the refs do a good job and player safety improves.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I think people are misinterpreting this rule change. It's not like you can't lower your shoulder anymore and truck someone. The rule is only in place in the open field as JCBrave said, which means your going to see this scenario at most once a game.

Spearing is very dangerous and I'm not saying I agree with the rule but I doubt it even is noticed as the season goes on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar