Helmets

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

And in totally unrelated draft news, I really hate our helmets guys...

What does it take to change them? Who's call is that? Can it only happen with total jersey/kit overhaul?

I don't know anything about these little things. I do like the one in my avatar though.

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

new-jacksonville-jaguars-football-helmets.jpeg

I dont mind our helmets, they could be worse

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
  3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

It's my call..
    And based off the other 137 uniform threads we have here I have deemed the helmets will remain as is..

• LOL LOL x 4
  4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

So much fail in that..
    Matte black to glossy metallic gold. Gradient depth looks like 6 pixels of photoshop feathering.
    Looks like it was designed by Kahn's 8 year old daughter...

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

So true, admire them trying something different but not a fan of them.
    Well at least they won't be wearing them when they hoist the Lombardi this year lol

6. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

What about a total uni overhaul...?

I saw a lot of concepts over the years, and some of them were really cool. And featured this type of helment/design.

I do like the 'dark blue on dark blue' though... Heard we are going dark blue again for home, that true?

I want to buy some new jerseys, but I'm bored and own like 14 of our 'current' design. Dark / light / white / heck, even pro bowl... And I'm itching to buy some new ones... I feel a turn around coming (please God be true this time).

FWIW McNair and Bulluck remain my favorite jerseys... Ballers, week in and week out...

7. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Titans home primaries are navy.
    They don't have to declare what pants use as primaries so we'll see a mix of navy, white and light blue I'm sure.

Uniform overhaul is overdue - but be careful what you ask for. Nike is stinking up the NFL with wretchedly bad duds. And that Color Rash - so bad...

Takes 2 years to approve a uniform overhaul thru the NFL. I suppose they could keep that on the downlow from the fans for a while. But I feel confident Titans costumes will be as is for a while.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Jags debut outfits were Ok, and the ones they used for a couple of years before this were boring, but still better than this mess.

9. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

Been wanting a uni overhaul for years. How in advance are these types of changes announced? I mean the team is looking for a fresh start, and wouldn't they want the extra income new uni would generate?

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The answer is two posts earlier..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar