Help! (Computer problem)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by The Mrs, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

What do you do?

2. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Why not scrap the PC and run Windows on the Mac when you need it? Runs faster and more stable.

3. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

So, you're responsible for me getting up and doing the booty dance!:yes: What you told me worked. Well, I really didn't completely understand what you told me to do and I don't think that I did it exactly the way that you told me, but I got to the place that I needed to be and I sort of figured it out, ALL BY MY SELF and my screen and the words are back down to normal size.

So, now I have a new problem. I have 2 screens! How do I get rid of the other screens. Like, I'm at GoTitans, yet I can drag this screen and see the home page screen. That used to not be happening!:irked:

By the by, thanks for saving me $100+ bucks, but I feel like I'm depriving a family owned business out of their money.:hmm:

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You have opened two instances of your browser.Left click on the 'x' at the top right of one of your 'screens' and all will return to normal.

I'm downgrading your PC knowledge to 2.5.:)

5. The Mrs

NO Childress, the other screen shows my icons. There's no "X" to click on! I downgrade you by a point!

6. The Mrs

Getcha mind right!

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Interesting.

Place your mouse anywhere on your desktop screen and make a right click,then properties if it's XP or personalise if it's Vista.

In XP left click on the settings tab.If Vista,left click on 'display settings'.

Above the sliding scale you should see 2 squares or rectangles numbered 1 and 2.Click on the one numbered 2.

Now below the sliding scale there are two little boxes.If the one labelled extend my monitor to this display has a tick in it,click on the tick to remove it.Then click apply or ok.

Windows only gives you one display per screen so something is still not right with your PC.What I've just told you to do should only really affect your laptop if you have a monitor attached to it.

If this doesn't help you need you friend to look at it.It's not normal and sounds like a graphics card malfunctioning.

8. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Sounds like you turned on the active screen as your wall paper. Never liked this feature but you can turn it off in the same menu you used to fix the problem. I imagine your desktop icons are appearing on the second screen that is behind the explorer screen you have open?

Actually I read down and that is exactly what you did. Don't pay to fix that either. It is a matter of a click of a button and resetting what ever background pic you want.

Which windows are you using? XP or 98?

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Based on experience, helping "low-graded" computer users is much faster, using a desktop sharing proggy like teamviewer. First of all, is much faster than them explaining the problem and you telling them what to do, next you make sure that you got their explanation right, third you make sure they understand you right and finally you show them how to solve or avoid the problem in the future.
    And it's free, does not require installing and works through firewalls. Just exchange session IDs and password and you're ready.

10. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

take it to office max, they will fix it for free. i take all mine of there fix it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar