Help me pick a game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GMITTS, Jul 20, 2009.

?
  1. the jags

18.2%
  2. the bills

13.6%
  3. the cards

68.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

so the wife and i have decided to make the 8 hour trip down to tennessee to see the titans whoop some arse...but i dont know what game to go to. she doesnt care, she just wants to go. so....which do i go to. the colt game is out..tickets are way to expensive. but i am thinking one of the november games. the jags, the bills or the cards...which one do you think will be the best game to go to???

2. JMB54

JMB54 Waitin on a Win!

I would always rather go to a division game than a non division game even if its the jags. Second choice from the above would be the bills just because its a legacy game.

3. nate42104

nate42104 Camp Fodder

The Jags game is a 3:15 game which is great for tailgaters, but may be rough for an 8 hour drive back home afterward unless you're staying the night. Is the least expensive of the 3 options.

The Cards is Thanksgiving weekend. If that's not an issue, I'd want to go see this one while they're good and entertaining to watch.

The Bills will be a great game, IMO. And seats aren't that expensive. Let me know when you decide and I can give you a good deal on some tickets...or point you in the right direction if I don't have what you need.

4. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

No matter what game you pick you will have an awsome time!

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If your driving 8 hours to see the Titans then pick the game you feel they'll win. I've driven many hours myself to see them play, and the ride home is better after they win. I'd stay away from the Cardinals game since those WR's will torch the secondary. That alone is enough to get some fired up.

6. GMITTS

the last time we went was 2004...titans vs browns preseaon...that was my first titans game ever...best time of my life. had an itch ever since

7. GMITTS

i feel the titans can win every game

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I agree completely, but some games you aren't as confident as others. For instance; I had a bad feeling the entire Ravens game I went to in Baltimore. Then some luck fell into Collins lap as the refs called some wild penalty. Then I had a good time the remaining minute, and all the way back home.

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I voted the Cards, although like others say it may be the toughest of the three you have listed.

My reason for choosing that game is the possibility of big plays. Sure some maybe bomb TDs against us, but the Cards defense isn't great, so we've got a chance for some homerun plays as well.

While watching tough hitting defensive battles (like the Jags game normally) is a lot of fun, personally I find big play high scoring games slightly more exciting.

Also its not like we play the Cards at home often, so its a more rare game to see. And if you don't attend many NFL games, then this is a chance to see Warner live before he retires, and see Fitzgerald, Boldin, Karlos Dansby, etc. Those players interest me more than TO or MJD, and the rest of the Bills/Jags are busters!

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I always prefer the division games. They're more important, or have the potential to be. If we tie with the Texans or the Colts, it could decide the division title.

I would consider timing too, relative to the experience that you want. If you like tailgating and aren't sensitive to having a more rowdy crowd, go to the Jags game. The noon games are always a little more toned down.

Thankfully, flex scheduling doesn't start until the week after the Cards game, so you don't need to worry about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar