Help me write my speech about the Titans!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ezeblazin, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

Okay, well i'm taking Speech right now in college. For my next speech I have to do a persuasive speech. For my topic I chose to persuade the audience to buy Titans season tickets.

The best part is, I live in the Washington DC area. So my speech will not only be about the Titans, it will also be persuading the audience to move to Nashville. Oh and another thing, i've never stepped a foot inside TN, so I need your help!

For the most part, I want my speech to be funny, and lighthearted. I am also doing a slideshow to go with it, so any pics you guys provide would be greatly appreciated.

I am looking for things to say in three areas

1. Why the Titans will be the best team in 07
    2. Why Football is better than other sport
    For this point I would like to include funny reasons for why other sports suck
    3. Why Nashville is the best city to live in

****Keep in my mind that for the most part my audience are NOT football fans, so not too much technical talk. (i.e. Lamont Thompson talk, playbook talk)
    Some points I have planned so far:

-With Pacman out for the year, your chances of being shot while at the game by one of the guys in his posse dramatically decreases.

-If you don't like country music, there are other musicians from TN(slideshow will show pics of Elvis, and three 6 mafia)

-VY Probowl, Madden cover, ROY

-If terrorists attack, DC is a much more likely target than Nashvile

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I was also thinking about changing the topic to persuading the audience that pacman's suspension should be reduced, but I think I can have more fun with this one.

2. mdfan

mdfan Starter

Just a thought...
    For the why Nashville is the best city you could do a search of the real estate listings in the Tennessean and the Washington Post and compare what you can get for your money

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Because Gunny has graced the turf of Tennessee. It is now Holy Land.

4. Dang, then just think about how awesome of a place Australia is.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Tennessee are undefeated when Gunny is in Nashville.

6. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

We have two teams?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

8. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

I don't know about Australia, but here in the states "are" means you are using a plural...which is more than one team. Guday.....ya wanker.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Fine Mr Smart Guy

Tennessee IS undefeated when Gunny is in Nashville. That doesn't sound right.

G'Day

10. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

[​IMG]
    Does this help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar