Henry Being Considered by Several Teams

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Mar 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: RB Travis Henry spent the weekend in Denver and should have serious negotiations with the Broncos today. If a deal cannot be worked out, Henry is said to have the interest of a number of teams including the Packers, Jets and Raiders. Though Titans GM Mike Reinfeldt is optimistic the Titans still have a chance to bring back Henry, with the Texans signing Ahman Green yesterday, the demand for Henry may increase for the Broncos who was strongly considering Green.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Interesting to see this amount of play for a guy 1 strike away from being out for a year. I know they can contract around it to a degree, but it's still a big risk. We'll see where he ends up and for how much. I hope we keep him.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't blame anyone for going out and making the most they can but it's ridiculous right now.

4. fltitan

fltitan Guest

Money being paid in FA is unreal, 30k for Drew with 10M gauranteed, WOW, I'm happy for him but he's not worth anywhere near that amount of money. No telling what the offers will be for Henry but probably more than we can match. I think Bennet can be replaced with no drop off and RB is the easiest to fill of all the postions that we might have play a rookie and LenDale hopefully will be ready for a big year.. I'm glad we are not spending all our money on a couple of big name guys, no more mortgaging the future, we have to many good years in front of us. Save the money get good solid AFFORDABLE FAs and use the draft to finish our needs.

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

whats ridicolous?
    the money being paid this year, or all the teams interested in Travis?

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

It was a risk not keeping him. I'd really be surprised, however, if he gets 8.3 mill up front. I'm assuming we re-sign him if we can match in the 4-6 mill up front range.

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

it would be crazy if he gets more than what he initially asked for and we turn out to be bluffing and outbid that..

8. There are a number of teams in serious need of a NFL-caliber starting RB and he is arguably the best FA RB out there.

But I guarantee you that most of the teams out there that are looking at signing Henry would much rather have LenDale White at his current contract than Henry as the price he is asking. And that's why I don't think there's much chance he'll be back here...

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

What is being paid to, IMO, second-tier players.

10. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

Jeff good point, but you have to remember with the salary cap going up, second tier players will get a lot of money although they may not deserve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar