Henry cut and on his way to Denver....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by finz50, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

If I was hungray I would. Im hungray for a good season. Not a season like. Oh LenDale its ok that was your first game youll do better next week :clown:

BS

Letting Henry go dosent mean you getting rid of an LT or an LJ but your getting rid of an important player on our team. Weather you like him or hate em he won us games. Hes a pure beast. And LenDale will NOT fill his shoes.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Thanks. I'd like to see us match for him- if 4-5 mill front money. He has excellent KR/PR skills and I liked the way he worked.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

based on what?

4. He's right. I think LenDale has his own shoes... :ha:

5. I don't think they'd pay him that much, but hopefully they can agree on something so they at least bring back one of their top pass catchers (statistically) from last year.

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I still don't see that we've lost anything major. Henry is the only one that worries me any, and he could still come back. Bennett just robbed the Rams, he's not a 30 million dollar receiver. Wade will probably be back. And if I hear one more person complain about releasing Kinney, I'm gonna go nuts. He had a very bad injury and probably will never play again! Even if he returns to pre-injury form, we can just sign him then.

We just couldn't compete for Clements. EIGHTY MILLION DOLLARS! That's ridiculous. It sounds more like a number Dr. Evil would hold the world ransom for rather than a football player's salary. (*Insert pinky finger to lip here*) I liked Thomas, but there wasn't much need for him. Unless he could and would want to play end or middle backer, there was no need for him. (And I'm happy with Tulloch at MLB anyways) Stallworth is an OK player, but if he expects the kind of money Bennett got, I say pass.

I do want to see us make some kind of run at Kerney, Stallworth at a reasonable price, Carter, and Deon Grant (despite what Fisher said).

And just to remind everyone who's freakin out, we signed arguably the best player on our team on the fourth day of free agency last year. :yes:

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

This time last year no one had any love for Henry or Brown.

It is what it is. At large part of Henry's production was our rejuvenated O line & we still have that. We will be okay whoever starts at running back.

SK;great burger analogy, I was under the impression that White was the burger boy. If Henry is a Big Mac,does that make white a Whopper?:blah:

8. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

[​IMG]

That looks much better. :ha:

[​IMG]

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

hey ... it's OK
    sure we lost a good RB
    but paying Travis his bonus THEN extending him based on last year could hurt . Not to mention slowing down the progression of White (if there is to be such a thing)

keep this in mind though
    Travis was not a factor his first year for us , or his last year in Bufalo (04 / 05)

10. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

lol dude even tho thats rong its funny... :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar