Henry cut and on his way to Denver....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by finz50, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morph

Morph Revolution

Well I can see why we let Bennett go, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I hope they resign Wade though because he was our #2 WR last year and a great target for Vince. I would have liked to see Henry stick around for another year or two but his contract was too much. I just hope we can get another worthy #1 RB to help Vince out. It wouldn't hurt if White had a very good off-season either -- it would be awesome to see him become a force on offense eventually, but we'll just have to see..

2. ONUV

ONUV Starter

although i am a little worried about a team overpaying for Travis, i still think we have a good shot @ re-signing him.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

See this thread right here is why you have to be at least 35 years old to be the President (check out the profiles on some of the more "feaked out" posters). So far none of the signing except for maybe NE signing Thomas seem to be a deal that can change a teams destiny. That might very well the "the deal" of FA this season. Look where are our holes, QB-nope, RB-Lendale was drafted to be the man, time to loose the baby fat and be the man, WR-I like drew ok, got sort of tired of the one drop just when you don't need it per game deal, OL- solid for the first time in say about 5 years, TE-please begin to live up to potential Troupe, DL-ok, when you think about it K. Carter lined up with Fat Albert, KVB, and maybe kearny if the $$$ isn't too high, LB-solid but could you one more and the good news is there is still a few left to pick over, DB-safety-has L. Thompson been released yet? P-thug enough said, I actually think finegan(sp) will be OK, that is the only need that I see that we have missed out on in FA, and I wouldn't have wanted to spend $80,000,000 so I am Ok with how it has turned out. Keep the faith, or look at it another way, name any team that has "bought" a SB. The NFL isn't baseball thank goodness.:grrhee:

4. Titanmc

Titanmc Starter

ditto what he said!

5. ONUV

ONUV Starter

I'm not sure that lendale was drated to be "the man". we NEED two good backs. all NFL teams do. it wouldn't make sense to trade for Travis and then turn around and draft a RB. i think they took who they thought was the best player on the board.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

We traded for Travis and he was a disappointment.

We then drafted LenDale and Travis had a good year.

And either way you don't take the 'best player available' in the 2nd round and not play him.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Garrett Wolfe

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Lendale was draft to be the man, how soon people forget the championship game (UT vs USC) last year. We got on draft day the best player from that game VY and the second best Lendale White. I remember how excited I was to know that we got our starting backfield on day one in the draft. There was talk pre-draft of Lendale being a top 10-15 pick overall but because of a calf injury(if memory serves) he fell to us in the second.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You do realise that every team in the league needs to have backups right? Signing Wand, Long and Woods have no impact on re-signing Henry or picking somebody else up, it's not like we used "Henry's" 8 mill to sign the other 3.

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

:truedat: :werd:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar