Henry Gets Run Game Going

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: For the first time in a long time, the Titans got the running game going early yesterday against the Dolphins. RB Travis Henry ran strong during the first half racking up 53 yards on 14 carries in the first half. But in the fourth quarter, Henry was stopped on two runs for minus-10 yards when the Dolphins ran safety blitzes. "They hit us two times for negative five and that kind of discouraged the play calling," Henry said. "We just never could get back on track after those two negative plays. It was good to get a chance to get in a rhythm," Henry said. "I think I got better as the game went on. I would have gotten better, but we were trying to search for a big play and we got away from running the ball."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Henry is the starter. end thread. :winker:

3. KptTitanFan

KptTitanFan Guest

LenDale's a big guy, I'd rather him learn off of watching Henry's running, instead of Brown's high and get crushed running style. Why are we keeping Brown? Seriously...

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Brown won't be in 2007, thank God.

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Henry is a has been. I didn't see any other teams going after him like the Titans did.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

By calling Henry a has been your are admitting he was once a success. He's low mileage & can be successful again.

Sicknote Brown isn't a has been,he's a never was,we're still waitng for him to show up.

7. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I don't know why everybody thinks Henry is so good all of the sudden. I still think he sucks. And you don't need LenDale to learn from him. This is not the qb position this is the rb position. Look at all the rookies who have been successful their first year when they started. But the only thing LenDale will need to learn as a young RB, is how to pick up the blitz, and Henry might help him there. But I think we should start White.

8. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

yes yes... travis henry is the man!
    he had an amazing 2.85 YPC yesterday. wow... and an 11 yard run? oh, oh that just touches me in all the right places

the funny thing is that magnificent YPC is magified by an 11 yard run.. take that away and he has an eye-popping 2.45 YPC

whats even better is that he had the best run blocking of the year yesterday. henry sucks. brown sucks.

i still like brown more though. he hits the hole faster... henry can make guys miss but what good is that when you are too slow to do anything after they miss? great for short yardage... crappy for anything else.
    i say we trade both at the first opportunity.

the minus yards were his fault for running backwards. he didnt get hit that deep either time

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

longest run by any of our runningbacks this year :hmm:

10. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

i refuse to believe thats a positive in any way for any player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar