Henry Gets Run Game Going

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

You're right, he never stiff arms someone for a 1 yard gain... again I don't understand why some of you are so enamoured with Henry's "hard" running, when he isn't going anywhere....

I'm thinking we can call the Jets and the Dolphins about equal on defence, yet Brown had 64 yards on 16 carries and Henry had 60 on 21. In the Jets game Henry ran 7 times for 18 yards (discounting the TD runs yards) as well.... and only 1 of the 7 runs was a 3rd and short.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

because has the ability to wear down defense, it's the other way around with brown.

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Ok..I'll settle this

THEY BOTH SUCK!

:irked:

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

5. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

I realize it is early in the season, but they do have a similar opponent (us) and currently Miami is ranked 6th in team D and the Jets are ranked 30th.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Miami gives up an average 4.7 ypc against Jet's 5 ypc (our games not withstanding), I'd say it's fair to say they are close to equal with a slight edge to Miami. Still Brown's numbers are considerably better, even if you just look at the production in the Jets game alone (in which btw Henry got injured so he had to miss the Chargers game).

7. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Henry is the style running back Fisher prefers. Fisher got what he wanted out of Henry in the first half yesterday. I think we'll see more of Henry and less of Brown as the season goes on.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

For those who think both Henry and Brown suck I guess we have to include LW in there as well. He hasn't exactly been real successfull either.
    For those who think Henry is so much better than Brown or that say Brown is a no yardage for 10 carries and then he gets one long one which is why is YPC is decent consider this. 9 of Henry's 21 carries in the game were for 1 yard or less. Also, Henry had a nice 9 yard carry in the Titan's first drive but got destroyed on 3rd and 1. I guess if Brown had been the one carrying the ball we would have heard of that one. How about Henry having injury problems since day one?

The bottom line is our RBs are not as bad as they look because running schemes are no good. We could have Eddie in his prime and we would have a hard time getting 100 yards.
    Our OL was not any better in 2004 when Brown averaged almost 5 YPC and Brown went over 100 yards 6 times and had one game with 91 yards (thats while missing 5 games completely). Pass that off however you want but Jim Brown would have a hard time doing that in this offense. Chris Brown didn't suddenly start stinking up the place. He certainly is not over the hill and infact over the last two off seasons if anything he has become stronger. Henry is not over the hill either. The problem with the running game has got to be the scheme.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Soxcat, you are right about alot of things there... and I may be half dellusional for getting all excited of TH's ho-hum performance... but Henry looks like a running back. He runs square and with power and believe it or not I saw him hit the hole with speed and pop a few guys. I saw him shrug some would be tacklers.

I didn't wince when the qb handed him the ball.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar