Henry puts last season behind him....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bobo, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If so, at the vet minimum, not very heavy.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

I could be wrong, and time will tell; however, I think we are quite fortunate to have Henry as a backup RB (for the Vet min no less) *IF* he really has his head on straight and understands that it is "do or die" for him.

He has the talent to be quite good and could *gasp* be the KVB of 2006. Is it highly probable? No, but it isn't too risky as a hedged bet...

3. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Like I mentioned earlier if it were not for his cost I would ride him all season. But he is costing us nearly nothing so I can live with him.

He is on the edge though. Shape up or ship out. I would not mind seeing some of our younger RB having a shot at a spot.

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

True, he has been ridden hard for awhile. I was refering more to those who say just dump him now. He had two pretty good years in Buffalo, and I hoped we'd get the deal for a 4th, but I'm not judging that deal by hidnsight. At the time, it was still a decent deal to me. And yes, he still has to earn it.

Don't know why Henry should wear Elvis glasses.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'll agree that Henry has to come back and earn any respect we give him. I'll also draw the line and say that we can't call the trade a bad one yet. At the moment we've got the leverage, and Henry knows he won't get much of a shot elsewhere. I was glad when he redid his deal. He got out of the lineup at buffalo because of injuries and a new RB coming in because of luck, see the explanation above. He didn't get another chance there. Blazingarrow, do you really think we didn't ask around about why buffalo wanted to get rid of Henry? Right, we just kind of said, well, ok, and went along with whatever they asked. Have a little more faith. At the cheap price, he's a great backup. He'll back up Chris this year, and White next year, and if we have injuries, we'll be glad to have him. I think he could show something yet.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

If Henry has any heart left, he'll be as good entering training camp as he's been in years. He should be in peak shape. He has to be desperate knowing this is his last shot at a future in the game. He's almost 28 and his body didn't get a lot of wear last season.

If he doesn't produce early on, I think he's done.

7. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Well if we must measure the winner of the trade, all you need to follow is the progress of Ashton Youboty, who the Bills took with the 3rd they got for Henry. Now if you ask me whether I would want Youboty or Henry now, it's a tough call. We need depth at S, but if Henry wasn't here we'd have White and maybe Payton to backup Brown, which isn't bad.

I think we'll have a better idea after this year. If Henry doesn't do much again, whatever Youboty does, I think the Titans come out as losers only for the fact that we could've drafted something else in the 3rd round...

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I'm not biting on that one.

I know you and I have disagreed on Henry in the past. Honestly, I'm a little excited about what I'm reading. It sounds like he has really been working hard to get back. Nothing would make me more proud as a Titan to see him break off a couple of big runs, or bowl over a MLB trying to plug a hole and get 5 yards. I love the underdog "scratch your way back" story line. However, I watch with trepidation based on his Titan experience thus far.

9. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

This should have been true last season (less the gone part) but instead he gets a 4 game drug suspension. IMO he had allot to prove last season. I was really hyped on Henry last season then that drug suspension? It just seemed to open my eyes to what others closer to him were already seeing.

I realize we obviously scouted the guy before we traded for him but I think we got sold on his previous year and how he was on a "come back". The McGahee thing threw me for a loop when it happened. I did not really understand how the guy could come into camp and run basically the same numbers and Henry just fade away like he did. His injury I recall seemed kind of fishy to me but I can not recall why it was too long ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar