Hentrich to officially retire

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans News

Titans News Guest

Titans punter Craig Hentrich has decided to officially retire after 17 NFL seasons.[​IMG]

Link to full article.

2. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans P Hentrich retires after 17 years (AP)

Titans punter Craig Hentrich says he is retiring from the NFL after 17 seasons. Hentrich, who announced his retirement to reporters Wednesday, is the last link to the Tennessee Titans' 1999 Super Bowl team. He had been with the team since 1998 and was with Green Bay before that. The 38-year-old Hentrich had contemplated retirement after the 2008 season, but changed his diet and exercise regimen...

Link to full article

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Thanks for everything you have done for the team Craig. Stay classy and best of luck to you in the future.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

So the last Titans to play in Superbowl 34 is gone?

(edit: I forgot the Freak)

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

retiring when your rich would be nice.

6. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Hentrich to Retire

SUMMARY: After 17 years in the league, P Craig Hentrich made it official today in announcing his retirement. "Seventeen years is plenty,'' Hentrich said. "My body has been telling me for two or three years that it's time. I'm going to listen to it this time." Hentrich was the last Titan who was part of the Super Bowl XXXIV team. He ranks seventh in NFL history with 1,150 punts and was named to two Pro Bowls twice in his career. Before his injury in '09, he averaged 46.9 yards per punt. Brett Kern will step in and handle the punting duties as he did the second half of last season after Hentrich suffered a season-ending calf injury. "I think I’ll miss the guys in the locker room," Hentrich said. "I don’t know that I’ll miss the offseason conditioning program or the 2-a-day practices, but I know I’ll miss the guys in the locker room. It was a lot of fun."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

7. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I'll miss him as much as you can miss a punter, which is not very much.. but I still will miss him.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

9. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

16 million paid out to Hentrich, and one -1 rushing yards. dissapointing, but wishing him well. We need a new foot.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Glad he was able to create the history and memories in Tennessee, but his retirment is long overdue. It's a little saddening to realize our Super Bowl squad is no more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar